This Strawberry Dump Cake is sure to be the sweetest part of your summer!
Strawberry dump cake is made with sweet strawberry pie filling, yellow cake mix, and butter. You read that right – you only need 3 ingredients to make this easy cake recipe! This strawberry cake is fresh, delicious, and is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
AN EASY CAKE MIX RECIPE
In my house, summer simply wouldn’t start without me making this easy Strawberry Dump Cake! My kids practically beg for it as soon as the weather starts heating up. However, I don’t mind – it’s not only scrumptious, but it’s also one of the easiest recipes… possibly ever!
With only three inexpensive ingredients, you could make this cake by shopping only at the local dollar store. Now that’s what I call a budget friendly recipe! Cake recipes really don’t get any easier than this.
You really have no reason not to treat yourself to a heaping of this easy strawberry dessert recipe. Make it today and you’ll definitely fall in love!
- Strawberry Pie Filling – If you choose to make your own pie filling, that will still absolutely work with this recipe! However, if you want to make this cake the easy way, you just need 2 cans of whatever brand of strawberry pie filling you prefer.
- Yellow Cake Mix – When it comes to cake mixes, Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines is my tried and true go-to! However, just about any box of yellow cake mix should do the trick.
- Butter – It can be salted or unsalted – it’s up to your taste! I prefer unsalted, as I don’t like the taste of salt to mix with the sweet strawberries.
See? I wasn’t kidding – that’s really all you need to make this easy strawberry cake!
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY STRAWBERRY DUMP CAKE
STEP 1. PREPARE
Start off by preheating your oven to 350°F. While that’s heating up, spray your baking dish with cooking spray.
STEP 2. ADD THE FILLING
Add the two cans of strawberry pie filling to the prepared baking dish. Make sure all contents of the can are in the baking dish – even the liquid!
STEP 3. ADD CAKE MIX
Once the pie filling is evenly spread over the bottom of the baking dish, sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix over the top of the strawberries. Try to do so evenly, ensuring the whole baking dish is covered.
STEP 4. BUTTER.
Thinly slice the butter. Then, add the slices of butter in an even layer over the top of the cake mix.
STEP 5. BAKE.
Bake the strawberry dump cake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top of the cake is an appetizing golden brown color.
STEP 6. SERVE!
Serve the strawberry dump cake warm, and topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!
VARIATIONS TO TRY
Truly, I love this strawberry dump cake just the way it is! However, if you want to put a personal spin on this easy recipe, here are some tasty ideas.
- This strawberry dump cake has a very important key ingredient – strawberry filling! However, you could make this same cake recipe, but swap the strawberry for another pie filling. Apple, pumpkin, cherry pineapple, and blueberry pie filling would all be delicious!
- Do you love chocolate covered strawberries? Enjoy that same flavor combo by using chocolate cake mix instead of yellow! It would be a delicious way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- If you’re a big berry lover, try using one can of strawberry pie filling, and one can of blueberry! Just be sure to mix the fillings together, so each bite of cake has equal amounts of both berries.
HOW LONG WILL STRAWBERRY DUMP CAKE STAY FRESH?
In an airtight container in the fridge, any leftovers you have will stay fresh for up to 4 days. The best part? This strawberry dump cake reheats wonderfully in the microwave! I love heating up the leftovers I have and eating it with vanilla ice cream.
CAN I FREEZE THIS DUMP CAKE?
Yes, you surely can! Strawberry dump cake will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just be sure to keep it in an airtight container to avoid freezer burn!
When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen cake, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then, reheat it in the oven at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to dig into a big serving of strawberry dump cake on a summer afternoon! It’s an unbelievably delicious and easy recipe that you really can’t miss out on.
NEED MORE SUMMER-FRIENDLY DESSERT RECIPES? HERE ARE MY FAVES!
- Lemon Bars
- Strawberry Jello Poke Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Shark Bait Ice Cream Floats
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Strawberry Dump Cake
- 2 cans Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray to start.
- Add your canned pie filling into a 9×13 baking dish WITH liquid.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over top of the strawberry filling.
- Thinly slice the butter and add to the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve warm and topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.