Delicious every time! You’ll love these easy, light, fluffy homemade pancakes. Made with ingredients you already have in your pantry. They’re best topped with REAL Maple Syrup!
Weekends are made for breakfasts. I just love Saturday mornings with a cup of coffee, cooking up something I know that my family will love, like the BEST HOMEMADE PANCAKES RECIPE EVER!
A family favorite is my batch of homemade pancakes made from scratch–no box mixes in our house!
Sure, it seems convenient to open a box of pancake mix from the store, but I promise it’s no more work to make them yourself with ingredients in your pantry.
These delicious, light, and fluffy homemade pancakes are easy to make and are packed full of flavor. Everything is mixed in one mixing bowl–you won’t have several dishes to clean up after.
I love that this pancake recipe makes extra to keep on hand for the week. Lay the extra pancakes on a baking sheet and pop them in the freezer. Pull them out and microwave as many as needed. It’s super easy for on the go mornings!
What Goes in Homemade Pancakes?
Making your own homemade pancakes allows you to control what goes in. There aren’t any ingredients you can’t pronounce or preservatives you don’t need.
- baking powder
How do You Make Fluffy Pancakes From Scratch?
The trick to make fluffy pancakes is not to overwork the batter. Pancake batter is supposed to have lumps in it. When you overwork the pancake batter, it causes gluten to form. The result is a dense, chewy pancake. Only mix the batter only until all visible streaks of dry ingredients disappear.
To make these pancakes a little healthier, use whole wheat flour, or do half white flour and half whole wheat. I try to go the healthy route most of the time.
Also, top the pancakes with REAL butter and REAL maple syrup. You can’t go wrong!
And, if you want to get really fancy, add in some fun simple ingredients for taking your pancakes to a whole NEW level!
ADD-INS FOR EASY HOMEMADE PANCAKES
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Lemon Zest
- Mashed banana
- Fresh Blueberries
- Pure Vanilla Extract
how many cups in a quart, pint or gallon OR what is the difference between dry and liquid measuring cups, this post can help!
How to Make Pancake Mix
TIPS FOR THIS FLUFFY PANCAKE RECIPE
- Do not over mix: Your pancakes will be dense and hard if you mix too long. You only want to mix the ingredients together and stop.
- Butter the pan when you are cooking the pancakes. This helps them to not stick and adds more flavor.
- Butter: top the pancakes with REAL butter and REAL maple syrup.
- Use whole milk! This is important for the overall taste. The added fat in whole milk makes these pancakes perfect.
Save some time in the mornings and make pancake mix. With this ready-to-go pancake recipe, you’ll be minutes away from pancakes any day of the week. Simply mix all of the dry ingredients together. Store the pancake mix in an airtight container or plastic bag. On the day you are ready to make the batter, add in the milk, egg, and butter. Easy-peasy.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Sift together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mix. Add the wet ingredients-the egg, milk, and butter.
- Lightly whisk the batter together until just mixed. The batter will have small lumps. Let sit 5 minutes while your skillet heats up.
- Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the skillet. With large skillet on medium-high heat add 1/4 cup of pancake batter to the skillet.
- Let cook until bubbles form on the surface and edges are dry.
- Flip and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Top for butter, powdered sugar, and pure maple syrup to serve!
You might also like:
Post contains some affiliate links to support my blog – no additional cost to you!!