Just five simple ingredients are all you’ll need to make these delicious Lemon Crinkle Cookies! Created using a boxed cake mix, this zesty lemon cookie recipe couldn’t be more simple!
If you’re looking for a light and refreshing easy dessert recipe for your next picnic or summer bbq, don’t pass up the chance to make these easy cake mix cookies. They literally just take a few minutes to make and are certain to be a hit every single time!
Easy Cake Mix Cookies with 5 Simple Ingredients!
If you don’t have time to spend all day baking, I’m right there with you. Some days, I just want a cookie and I want it now. This is why these easy lemon cookies are always at the top of my list.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are simple that you may already have them at home. Save yourself a trip to the store and pop these babies in the oven!
- Lemon Cake Mix – pick your favorite boxed cake mix. I really love Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker!
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Step 1: Mix
Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
Step 2: Add to fridge
Put the dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Form cookies
Using a medium scoop or spoon, form the dough into balls and then roll them each in powdered sugar.
Step 4: Bake
Place the cookies on the baking sheet with 2 inches of space between them. Put in the oven for 9-11 minutes and bake.
Step 5: Cool down
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
What else can you have as a topping for lemon cookies?
Powdered sugar is great but you can also add some milk to the powdered sugar and create a fun “drizzle” of frosting, too. I’ve even eaten these lemon crinkle cookies without any topping and they’re amazing no matter what.
How to store lemon cookies
Store any leftover cookies in a container with a lid or in a bag. Keeping the air away from them will keep them as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
Can you freeze cookies?
You bet. Just store them in a freezer-safe container and add them to your freezer. They should be fine for up to 4 months when stored properly.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir together until combined.
- refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes for forming into balls.
- Using a medium scoop or spoon, form the dough into balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are set. Do not brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.