My Blueberry Dump Cake recipe is literally the easiest cake recipe to make at home! You just dump all of your ingredients into a cake pan, bake and eat! That’s it! In this Blueberry Dump Cake, pie filling makes a fruity base for a cobbler-like topping.
What is a dump cake?
Dump Cake is a really simple dessert that is made with a box cake mix and a fruit filling. You literally dump all the ingredients into a 9×13 pan, bake and top with ice cream or whipped cream! No worries about how many cups in a quart, pint or gallon because this cake is made from a box mix!
I know you will LOVE this homemade cake recipe! Guaranteed! But before I get to the recipe, let me share exactly how to make a dump cake and why you need to have of these easy dessert recipes in your recipe box.
Ingredients + Variations
- Blueberry pie filling – In this Blueberry Dump Cake, pie filling is the star. Make sure you buy a brand you love!
- Yellow cake mix – The cake mix is used to make the topping.
- Butter – As the butter melts in the oven, it combines with the cake mix.
- Sliced almonds – If you’re not an almond fan, you can skip these. Then you’ve got a 3-Ingredient Blueberry Dump Cake!
How To Make Dump Cake
Making a dump cake is THE EASIEST cake recipe around. Just dump, bake and eat! Follow the steps below!
- Dump 2 cans of fruit into the bottom of a 9×13 pan. I’m sharing the blueberry version today but you can use whatever flavor you like!
- Dump the cake mix on top of the fruit and spread around lightly.
- Slice butter thinly and evenly space over the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream if you like. Enjoy warm! Or cool!
Blueberry Dump Cake is my favorite dump cake recipe. But, really any blueberry dessert is my favorite.
But this cake recipe stole my heart! It’s sweet, buttery and has an amazing almond crunch topping that just ties it all together. Blueberry dump cake, pie filling, crunchy almonds—you can’t go wrong, am I right?
Add some vanilla ice cream to the top of this warm cake recipe for a real treat!
How amazing does this easy dessert recipe look?! YUMMY!
Watch the video below to see exactly just how easy it is to make a dump cake recipe!
What are the best dump cake flavors?
I like all kinds of dump cake flavors but these are my favorite! AND you can find most of them right here on All Things Mamma!
Does dump cake need refrigerated?
Leftover dump cake can be stored for several days in the refrigerator.
More Blueberry Recipes to Try
Do you love blueberries as much as I do? Here are some of my favorite blueberry recipes:
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 15-Minute Bisquick Blueberry Biscuits
- Blueberry Buckle
- The Best Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 2 Cans Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 Yellow Cake Mix - dry
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Add both cans of Blueberry Pie Filling to the baking dish
- Sprinkle cake mix over the blueberry pie filling evenly
- Slice butter and add to top of cake mixture
- Add sliced almonds right over the entire cake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until slightly brown
- Allow to cool slightly
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream
Pin this recipe for later!