This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe the perfect easy appetizer to enjoy in the crockpot or oven! Filled with chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and cheese for the ultimate Buffalo Chicken Dip to enjoy anytime!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
When we have family gatherings, everyone brings a dish to share. I usually bring Oreo Dessert, but this one particular year, I was asked to bring Buffalo Chicken Dip to our Christmas party.
I had never made it before but I was up for the task! So, I did what any good home cook would do, I turned to Google and researches a bunch of recipes and combined them for this amazingly cheesy dip. It turned out delicious!
What Are The Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Canned Chicken – I know! It sounds crazy but it’s good! You could substitute with whole chicken breasts shredded. I would guess that 2 chicken breasts would be perfect!
- Cheddar Cheese – I like the sharp shredded cheese kind!
- Cream Cheese – Can you EVER have enough cheese?
- Ranch Salad Dressing – Yep. I said RANCH. I think cools down the hot sauce in this spicy appetizer dip. You could Blue Cheese Dressing if you’d like.
- Buffalo Chicken Sauce – I like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – I don’t have this on my dip BUT it’s a hit for a lot of people. Try it out!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
It’s so easy to make this Buffalo Chicken Dip quickly!
- Combine chicken and buffalo sauce in a pan on the stove or in a crockpot.
- Mix cream cheese and ranch dressing right in the pan.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- As soon as everything is all melted together and hot – you’re good to go!
Note: This chicken wing dip uses canned chicken but you can also use leftover cooked shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crock-Pot?
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip can easily be made, too. All you need to do is add ALL of the ingredients below into the slow cooker and turn on low for 3-4 hours.
Once all of the ingredients are completely melted and heated through, give it a good stir.
Next, switch the crockpot to the warm setting to keep this cheesy and spicy dip nice and creamy for your party!
Here’s my FAVORITE crockpot to use for this easy crockpot appetizer –> CROCK-POT
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Oven?
It’s one of THE easiest recipes to make!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below. Then pour into a medium baking dish and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. It’s then ready to eat!
A great way to keep this warm is to use a crockpot on the counter or to take with you on the go!
If you bake it in a dish, use a thermal carrier to keep your dish warm. I love mine and use it often!
You can also bake for 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through and it’s hot and bubbly.
What kind of cheese goes best with buffalo chicken?
What kind of chips go with buffalo chicken dip?
- Fritos Scoops
- Tortilla Chips
- Club Crackers
- Ritz Crackers
- and even Chicken Flavored Crackers go well with Buffalo Chicken Dip!
What are some good diet foods to eat?
What food to bring to a Superbowl party?
With only 5 ingredients, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is spicy, delicious and addicting. It is always the first to go at ANY party – especially on game day. Keep it in mind for your next gathering or for Super Bowl Party. Don’t forget the crackers and celery! I am sure it will be a hit at your house as much as it is at mine!
How many calories are in a cup of buffalo chicken dip?
There are about 290 calories per serving in this dip.
How long is buffalo chicken dip good for in the refrigerator?
I would keep buffalo chicken dip in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days max. Just heat up in the microwave when you want a treat!
Can I freeze leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Sure! You can freeze leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sealed container. When you want to reheat it, just remove from the freezer and allow to thaw – then add to the microwave to reheat or into an oven safe dish.
Here’s a quick video on just how easy it is to make this amazing dip recipe! It’s hot, creamy and delicious!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is our #1 Recipe here on All Things Mamma with over 260,000 shares! It’s always a hit! If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, you’ll LOVE this easy dip recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 2 cans chunk chicken drained
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce such as Frank’s Red Hot – I like the Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- If cooking in the oven, add to a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
For more tips on how to make THE BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip, try this post next:
If you’re looking for more amazing recipes, check out these next!
Make sure to PIN this recipe on Pinterest to save for later and share with your friends!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products I love!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect dip for any occasion!