Pumpkin dump cake is a quick and easy dessert that will be your next go-to fall dessert. An easy pumpkin recipe that is a no-fail recipe. Just mix, dump, and bake. It’s that easy.
You all know I have a love for boxed cake mixes. With a little help from some added ingredients, you can transform your cake to taste like you bought your cake from a bakery.
The first time I stumbled upon these cake hacks about transforming a boxed cake, I was skeptical. I was in a hurry and didn’t have time to bake from scratch, so I crossed my fingers and gave it a go.
You guys, it is a game-changer! Trust me; you have to try all the fantastic ways to make a boxed cake taste like homemade and this Pumpkin Dump Cake is on point!
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
If you need a dessert for a holiday party, potluck, or looking for that perfect pumpkin dessert recipe, then this dump cake is a must-make! It takes just ten minutes to whip up, for that ideal pumpkin spice flavor with chopped pecans in every bite! Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, or with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Dump cakes recipes are so versatile and are perfect for serving a crowd or whipping up a quick dessert to feed your family as a treat.
Dump cakes are great for experienced bakers to beginners. I say this because anyone can make a dump cake! You literally mix, pour and bake, and then serve it up! Trust me, don’t be intimidated, this is an excellent recipe for beginners, intermediates, and expert bakers.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Ingredients
- Canned Pumpkin
- Evaporated Milk
- Pumpkin Spice
- Chopped Pecans
- Yellow Cake Mix
How To Make Pumpkin Dump Cake
- First, grab your bowl and mix your pumpkin, pumpkin seasoning, sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla. Once you get the pumpkin base well-incorporated pour into your greased 9×13 pan.
2. Grab your yellow cake mix and sprinkle it evenly over the pumpkin mixture in the pan.
3. Next, grab your chopped pecans and sprinkle over the top of your cake mixture.
4. Follow up by slicing your butter into thin slices and laying all over the top of the cake.
5. Toss in the oven and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. When you stick a toothpick into the cake, and it comes out clean, your cake is done.
6. Allow the cake to cool slightly, and then serve. Feel free to add a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream. For added flavor sprinkle with cinnamon!
That’s it! This Pumpkin Dump cake has a few more ingredients than some of my other dump cake recipes, but it’s definitely worth it!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 2- 15 oz pumpkin canned
- 16 oz evaporated milk
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin, pumpkin seasoning, eggs, milk and vanilla
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture evenly
- Top with pecans
- Slice butter and add to top of cake mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Allow to cool slightly
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream
Should Pumpkin Dump Cake Be Refrigerated
Like other cakes, your Pumpkin Dump Cake doesn’t have to be refrigerated. Now if you had a filling in it like a peach cobbler, then I would recommend refrigerating a dessert like that. Some people prefer to refrigerate their dump cakes and then just eat chilled or even warm up in the microwave for a few minutes before serving.
Looking for more Pumpkin Desserts?
Check Out These Easy Dessert Recipes next!
Are you a fan of dump cakes? Share with me in the comments below!
Pin this recipe for later!