This No-Bake Oreo Dessert is a quick and easy no-bake dessert you’re gonna love! This chocolate dessert is made up of pudding, cream cheese, cool whip, and Oreos, of course.
No-Bake Oreo Dessert
If your family is anything like my family…they LOVE Oreos. That’s why when I tried this scrumptious No Bake Oreo Dessert Recipe that our Pastor’s wife made at church, I KNEW I had to have the recipe to share with you all!
It’s rich and full of flavor, yet light and creamy. A favorite with everyone who’s tried it, you can’t miss on this Oreo Dessert for your next potluck or family dinner!
See the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cream cheese – softened.
- Instant vanilla instant pudding – do not make the pudding AND use the milk below. Only add the 3 cups in these directions.
- Cool Whip
- Milk – Some people have had trouble with this setting up – I have not. I’ve used skim, 2% and whole milk. I believe that WHOLE MILK is best.
How-To Make Oreo Dessert:
1. Crush Oreos: In a 9×13 pan crush the Oreos, saving a few for topping later. Pour melted butter over crushed Oreos.
2. Mix: In a large bowl, mix together with a mixer – instant pudding & milk until thickened. Then add the cream cheese and sugar – mix well.
3. Add Cool Whip: Fold Cool Whip into the pudding mixture and spread over Oreos.
4. Add Topping And Chill: Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Tips for Success
- I made this batch with Double Stuffed Oreos, but you could really use any flavor of Oreo you’d like, along with changing up the pudding used, as well! Next time, I’m going with Mint Oreos!
- Do NOT follow the directions on the box of pudding and add in the milk from the box. Only add in the milk from the recipe below.
- Be sure to chill for several hours before eating. While it’s delicious as soon as it’s made, it’s even better when it has time to sit.
- If you need more tips – I made a whole post dedicated to this dessert here –> Learn How to Make The BEST Oreo Dessert EVER!
More Oreo Desserts To Make
- 1 package Oreos
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 6.9 oz pkg vanilla INSTANT pudding Must be INSTANT PUDDING. NOT Cook and Serve.
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 3 cups milk TOTAL This is THE TOTAL AMOUNT of Milk needed.
- 1 cup sugar
- Crush Oreos and place in a 9×13 pan – saving a few for topping
- Pour melted butter over Oreos
- In a large bowl, mix pudding & milk together until it thickens. Add softened cream cheese, and sugar and mix well.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture and spread over Oreos
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours for best results
Made this for a church luncheon and everyone loved it. I think the pudding package size may confuse people though. Where I live in North Carolina we have 2 sizes-regular 3.4 oz and large 5.1 oz. I used 2 of the regular sized boxes and turned out great.
How much butter do i pour on the oreos on the bottom?
The recipe calls for 1/2 cup of melted butter.
The large package of Jello pudding is 5.1 oz so am wondering if the size has changed over the years, as with many products. I’m going to adjust the milk down some. Was already home before I noticed or I would’ve purchased 2 of the smaller packages.
I wondered about the size difference in the pudding also. Did decreasing the milk work out?
Can I skip the additional sugar ? Oreos and pudding are sweet as it is .
So good, I made this for a family get together and it was devoured. Thank you for the recipe!
I was very excited to make this for my family, but the recipe was very confusing. I thought the recipe said 16.9 oz.. instead of (1) 6.9 oz. Wish that was more clear.
Delicious! I’ve been looking for this recipe for a while! Other ones just didn’t taste the same. Thanks!
Delicious! I agree with the other comments that the cup of sugar is completely unnecessary. It tastes perfectly sweet without it.
I made it once with 1/4 c butter and once with the 1/2 c. More butter equals a more cohesive crust. It just stays together better. I didn’t notice a taste difference. Also regular Oreos were better than mint.
We have different size packaging in Canada, especially for oreos. How many oreos are in your package?
Good dessert but I think I know why so many have had problems with it setting up. The recipe calls for one 6.9 oz pkg instant pudding. Well the standard package size of instant pudding is 3.4 oz. This is the only pkg size my local store sells, so if you don’t realize that this recipe is calling for the non-standard “family size” pkg, you will only be adding about half the pudding needed. Fortunately I had another pkg of pudding on hand, but I bet many are missing that detail.