Sausage Balls are made with just 4 simple ingredients – sausage, Bisquick, shredded cheddar cheese, and milk. This easy appetizer is the perfect appetizer, party food, or tailgate food! These Bisquick Sausage Balls are great for any time of the year.
You can even serve these as sausage breakfast balls too because of the simple and easy flavor. If you’re wondering what to serve with sausage balls, this Avocado Toast can be a great choice!
Sausage Balls Made with Bisquick
This Bisquick Sausage Balls recipe is so simple. Full of sausage, cheese, Bisquick mix, and milk, this easy recipe is one that works great for an appetizer or a quick bite to eat.
The great thing about this simple appetizer is that it’s really fast and easy to make. This is actually one of my go-to recipes when I know that I have to feed a crowd fast. And the great part about these sausage cheese balls is that they never, ever disappoint.
For another delicious appetizer idea, check out these Quick & Easy Meatball Sliders. Just more proof that sometimes appetizers are truly the star of the show!
Love the idea of having an entire meal of quick and simple appetizers? Check out our 11 Appetizer Recipes To Kick Off Any Meal to get even more great recipe ideas.
Ingredients + Variations
Gather up the short list of simple ingredients to get started. You can easily see why this is my favorite recipe for sausage balls.
- cheddar cheese – You can use other types of cheese but I really like cheddar
- spicy sausage – If you’re not a fan of spice, use regular sausage instead!
- milk – I tend to use 2% milk but really any will do.
Even though this Bisquick Sausage Ball recipe is pretty straight-forward, there is always wiggle room to change things up a bit!
- You can easily make this sausage ball recipe less spicy by using a mild or even a sweet sausage in place of the spicy sausage.
- Try out different dips to see if these cheesy sausage balls can stand alone or are better with more flavors.
- Add on some fun toppings like parmesan cheese or a fresh slice of jalapeno to give it even more depth.
- You can even make your own Homemade Bisquick Mix if you are out at home.
How To Make Sausage Balls
1. Mix ingredients
Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl. TIP: Using a mixer makes this job much easier!
2. Form the sausage balls
Form into balls using hands or s small scoop.
3. Add to baking sheet
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Place in the oven
Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Can you mix sausage balls in a mixer?
Sure! This is a fast way to mix all the ingredients together easily and it doesn’t make a mess. You can also mix by hand, too. Totally up to you and what your preference is.
How long will uncooked sausage balls keep in the refrigerator?
If you’re wanting to prep ahead and make this recipe a little bit in advance, you can actually make them up and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days before cooking them.
Can you freeze uncooked sausage?
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make the sausage balls and actually put them in the freezer, too. This is a fun way to have a quick snack when you don’t have time to make it fresh.
More Easy Sausage Recipes
If you like this sausage balls Bisquick recipe, here are some other great options as well.
- One-Pan Smoked Sausage & Pepper Hoagies
- Crock Pot Sausage Cheese Dip
- Keto Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 pound spicy sausage
- 1/4 cup milk
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Form into balls using hands or a small scoop
- Place 2" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown