This Apple Dump Cake is the easiest dump cake recipe, with three basic ingredients. If you are looking for an easy fall dessert, this recipe is just that.
Tender bits of apple in every bite covered with a spiced cake that is delicious, down to the last bite. An easy apple dessert you can whip up any time of day.
Dump Cakes are a quick and easy dessert that are so versatile. Just keep the supplies on hand in your pantry and then when you are craving dessert or have a last-second guest coming over, you have a tasty cake to serve! It’s perfect every time!
Apple Dump Cake
You all know how I love a good cake and the easier, the better! This Apple Dump Cake recipe is the perfect flavors combined that come together faster than you can say CAKE.
You have the lightly sweet and tart apples paired next to a spice cake. It gives you the rich flavors of fall.
But don’t worry you could use this same recipe any time of the year. Just change from a spice cake to yellow cake or white, and you have a perfect 4th of July dessert.
Apple Dump Cake with canned pie filling is always an easy recipe that I my friends and family love.
Why is it called a Dump Cake?
Dump cakes are one magical creation that we all need to be utilizing more often. Don’t be put off by its name; dump cakes are a must-make dessert any time of the year.
Toss in some fresh fruit, canned fillings, or even puddings, sprinkle on your cake mix, slices of butter and bake.
The flavor combinations are endless, and the prep of these delicious cakes are a breeze. From canned cherries and chocolate cake to peach paired with a white cake.
No wrong combinations are happening here, and this apple and spice cake is a winner for sure.
Dump cakes are great for
- Family parties
- Dinner Dessert
- Potluck Dishes
- Take to a friend who had a baby or just had surgery
- These cakes are great for any occasion
How to Make Apple Dump Cake
Ingredients for Dump Cake
- spice cake mix
- apple pie filling
- First, grease your 9×13 pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then grab your apple pie filling and pour it out into your baking dish. Even it out in the pan.
3. Sprinkle your dry cake mix on top evenly over the entire pie filling. Slice up two sticks of butter and layout over the top of the cake.
4.Bake for one hour or until the cake is cooked through. Allow to slightly cool and serve.
Apple Dump CakePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 2 Cans Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Spice Cake Mix - dry
- 1 Cup Butter 2 sticks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 pan
- Add both cans of Apple Pie Filling to the baking dish
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture evenly
- Slice butter and add to top of cake mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Allow to cool slightly
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream
Even More Desserts
What is your favorite dump cake combination? Try this Blueberry Dump Cake next! It’s my favorite!
For more tips on creating the perfect cake check out this post next!