This Easy Homemade Waffles Recipe is light and crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside – they’re perfect every time!
One of our favorite meals to make on the weekend together as a family is Easy Homemade Waffles!
Sundays are for sleeping in, drinking coffee at the kitchen table and making a delicious breakfast like these Homemade Waffles from scratch!
We love pulling out our Belgian Waffle Maker – the same one we received as a wedding gift years ago – and making a homemade waffle batter that promises to be the most amazing waffles from scratch you’ve ever had!
Easy Homemade Waffles Recipe
This easy waffle recipe is best when you cover your waffles in butter and real maple syrup and a side of bacon. They’re so good!
I grew up with my mom and dad using everyone’s favorite Bisquick waffle recipe to make homemade waffles. Bisquick has a wonderful flavor and always turns out amazing. But, I also like to make my pancakes and waffles batter from scratch whenever possible.
How do you make homemade waffles?
There are a lot of waffle recipes on the internet and in cookbooks that are easy to make, and use everyday ingredients you most likely already have on hand in your pantry:
- baking powder
I’ve been experimenting and trying to come up with the perfect waffles recipe from scratch and I believe I’ve found it!
This is by far my favorite easy waffles recipe to date! They’re soft on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside.
You can either use a regular waffle iron or a Belgian Waffle Maker.
Can you use a pancake recipe for waffles?
Waffles are made of a richer batter than pancakes, with an additional egg and oil. In fact, most pancake mixes offer directions for creating waffles out of the mix if you decide to go that route!
How do you make waffle batter from scratch?
It’s easy! By mixing flour, butter, baking powder, eggs, sugar and vanilla together, you can have a delicious homemade waffle batter recipe from scratch in no time! Just follow the recipe below to learn more!
Love this recipe? Pin It to your Breakfast Board on Pinterest and SAVE it!
Follow All Things Mamma on Pinterest for more AMAZING FOOD RECIPES!
If you have leftover waffles, they’re perfect warmed up later in the week! You can freeze them in ziplock freezer bags and pull them out as needed throughout the week. All you need to do to reheat waffles is to pop them in the the oven, microwave or even the toaster! This is the perfect make-ahead homemade waffle recipe from scratch!
- 2 cups all-purpose white OR whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray or rub a little melted butter on.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture a little at a time.
- Add the butter and milk into the mixture- blending until just smooth.
- Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes before adding to the waffle iron.
- Pour onto hot iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve topped with pure maple syrup and butter or your favorite fruit and whipped cream.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite products to share with you!
Check out these other yummy breakfast recipes!