This is the best strawberry pretzel dessert ever. Not only does it have amazing sweetness, but it’s packed full of crunch and a bit of salty, too!
This strawberry dessert recipe is one that is packed full of fun flavors. It’s a distinct dessert that everyone loves and loves even more when someone else makes it and brings it to all the fun gatherings and BBQs! You will find yourself making this easy strawberry recipe over and over again. It’s a family favorite for a reason!
Classic Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
Homemade strawberry desserts always become super popular once the strawberry season hits. And it makes perfect sense, right? There are very few flavors that pop quite as fresh, ripe strawberries picked right from the vine. This is what makes this strawberry-pretzel salad recipe unique.
This is one recipe that I grew up eating and I love being able to share it with my family now. It’s a simple classic recipe that never gets old. I just love the layers of salty pretzels paired up with the sweet strawberries and cream cheese filling.
If you’re a huge fan of strawberries, make certain to check out this Strawberry Ice Water Hack that Gives New Life To Mushy Strawberries! You’re going to be amazed!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the crust:
- Crushed pretzels – You can put the pretzels in a zip-top bag and crush them with a rolling pin or pulse them in a food processor.
For the filling:
- Whipped topping
- Cream cheese – Let this come to room temperature before you start the recipe.
For the topping:
- Strawberry gelatin
- Boiling water
- Frozen sweetened sliced strawberries – You’ll need to thaw these first!
- Additional whipped topping and pretzels – These are optional.
How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
1. Make the Crust
In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Make the Filling
To make the filling, beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
3. Make the Topping
Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours.
Serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels.
How to Store Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Wrap it tightly or transfer leftovers to an airtight storage container.
Will the pretzels in this strawberry pretzel dessert stay crunchy?
They actually won’t. After the first day, the pretzels are not going to have that crunch that you’re looking for. This won’t change the taste at all but it will change the texture so it’s something to be aware of. You can always place pretzels on top to give it a crunch if you want.
Is this the same as strawberry pretzel salad?
Yes, it is! Whether you call it salad or dessert, it’s the same thing—and it’s delicious!
Can you make strawberry pretzel dessert ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe up to 3 days ahead of time.
More Easy Desserts for Strawberry Lovers
Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 cups crushed pretzels about 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 3 oz packages strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 16 oz packages frozen sweetened sliced strawberries thawed
- optional: additional whipped topping and pretzels
- In a bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the filling,beat whipped topping, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in sweetened strawberries; chill until partially set. Carefully spoon over filling. Chill until firm, 4-6 hours.
- Serve with additional whipped topping and pretzels.