These Cream Cheese Brownies are and made using a brownie mix and a homemade cheesecake-like topping! Delicious fudgy goodness in every bite!
This Cream Cheese Brownie recipe is guaranteed to have everyone lining up for a square or two. And don’t worry, there’s more than enough to share!
In less than 1 hour of time, this simple brownie dessert will be warm, ready, and waiting to be enjoyed!
Butter, Vanilla, and Flour (+ a little help from a brownie mix!)
One of the best parts about this simple dessert is that it takes just 8 simple ingredients to make from start to finish. But the outcome looks like you used a lot more!
If you love this brownie recipe, make certain to check out our S’mores Brownies as well. You just can’t beat that combination of chocolate, marshmallow, and gooey fun!
INGREDIENTS + VARIATIONS
Since this is the star of the show, find a brownie mix that you love. I really enjoy Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines brownie mix, but you can use any of your favorite box mixes. I buy the 13×9 box size but often make this recipe in a 9×9 pan for thicker, fudgier pieces.
We like to use Philidelphia Cream Cheese for this recipe to make the best cheesecake-like topping. Just make certain to have it softened before mixing with the butter, flour, egg, and vanilla.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you’re going to love these Peanut Butter Cup Brownies! Also made with a box mix, this is a fun fall dessert to whip up. (but don’t worry, you can still enjoy them all year long!) It’s one of our TOP recipes on All Things Mamma!
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare brownie mix as directed. Place the mixture in the bottom of a 13×9 greased pan.
Blend the butter, cream cheese, & sugar together until smooth. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and flour – mixing until combined until smooth.
Spread cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture.
Put in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until set and slightly brown on top.
6. Cool down
Score tops of the cream cheese brownies will still hot – make it easier to cut when cooled.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Let the brownies cool completely before serving. They will be really hot so scoring the tops of them is necessary to cool down quickly.
- You can store these in the fridge for several days once baked. To heat them back up, pop them in the microwave for a couple of seconds.
EASY BROWNIE RECIPES
- Lindt Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Mocha Brownie Trifle
- S’mores Brownies
- Homemade Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 box of any brownie mix you like best - 13x9 pan size
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed. Place mixture in bottom of 13x9 greased pan. NOTE: for thicker brownies, use a 9x9 pan.
- Blend butter, cream cheese, and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and flour - mixing until combined and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over brownie mixture. You can swirl a knife through the mixture to create a marble effect, as well.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until set and slightly brown on top.
- Score tops of Cream Cheese Brownies while still hot - making it easier to cut when cooled.
- Cool completely.
Oh wow those look AMAZING! Def have to make them soon!
These look so good. My husband loves brownies and this would be a hit in our house.
Those look yummy!! So simple too!
These look so easy and delicious!
This looks sooo good! I have to make some.
Kas, they are the best!
I really have to make those! They look fabulous!
You really, should! They are simple and delicious!
Oh those sound and look YUM!
So good, Brandy!!
Looks so good!
They were so good! Do you remember mom making them? I can’t remember being at our 1st house on Emmons and watching her mix up a batch.