It’s hard to believe that the first day of fall was just yesterday. The weather has been perfect all week! Warm days with bright blue skies and cool, crisp, clear nights. It’s the kind of weather everyone loves. Of course, fall weather calls for campfires, hotdogs and S’mores. But, since it’s not always possible to build a campfire every time you have a craving for this sweet treat, try this delicious variation – S’mores Brownies!
Fudgey brownies, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips (inside and out) make this rich dessert the perfect alternative to traditional campfire S’mores!
Making these brownies is a breeze! Layer brownie batter filled with chocolate chips over a layer of graham crackers and bake. Once the brownies are out of the oven, add marshmallows, chocolate chips and more graham crackers right on top of the brownies – broil in the oven until the marshmallows are golden brown and melted. Remove from the oven allow to cool slightly before slicing into these little bites of ooey, gooey, chocolatey goodness. I bet you can’t eat just one!
YUM! Perfect! One bite of these S’mores Brownies and you’ll be hooked! Delicious hot or cold – you’re gonna have a hard time staying out of this one!
- 1 box 13x9 pan size fudge brownie mix
- Water vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - divided
- 6 full graham crackers plus 2 graham crackers broken into pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Make brownies as directed.
- Add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips - mix well.
- Add 6 graham crackers to 13x9 pan
- Top with brownie batter and bake as directed.
- After removing pan from oven, set oven to broil.
- Immediately sprinkle marshmallows and graham crackers over warm brownies.
- Broil about 4 to 5 inches from heat 30 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. (Watch carefully marshmallows and graham crackers will brown quickly.)
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- To serve warm, cool about 30 minutes.