Peanut Butter Swirl brownies are rich, fudgy, and loaded with nutty peanut butter flavor! Made with a boxed brownie mix, they’re quick to prepare and perfect for a holiday dessert or afternoon snack to satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
If you’re a fan of brownies, you’re in the right place. Using a brownie mix cuts down on the prep time, meaning you’ll be snacking quicker than you thought possible! Pour yourself a big glass of milk – and enjoy!
A pan of brownies is a must-have recipe on your dessert planning menu no matter the occasion, and these are some of the best. Gather the simple ingredients listed below to get started.
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Recipe
Who knew that using a boxed brownie mix would make brownies this good?! This recipe is like cake mix brownies but even richer! Fudgy and delicious, it’s loaded with the perfect balance of peanut butter flavor, too!
The fun part about making a batch of brownies is that everyone will be asking for the recipe – and it’s up to you if you want to share! You can keep this simple dessert as your own little slice of baking heaven. Or, spill the beans, and share it with family and friends.
Because sometimes, when you have a brownie recipe this good, you have to share this type of goodness! Chances are, everyone will be begging you for the recipe, too.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Brownies
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Brownie mix – Choose your favorite brand of brownie mix to use.
- Ingredients required for the brownie mix (usually eggs, oil, and water) – Be sure to read the back of the brownie box before leaving the store so that you have everything you need.
- Creamy peanut butter – Chunky could work, but it adds a bit of texture and can be harder to mix! For the best results, avoid natural varieties as they tend to separate and can cause your brownies to become runny.
- Powdered sugar – For sweetness and a dusting on top.
- Vanilla extract
- You can use almond butter or cashew butter in place of the peanut butter.
- Make this recipe nut-free by adding sunflower seed butter in place of peanut butter.
- Adding chopped walnuts on top is a fun addition for extra flavor and crunch!
- Melt some chocolate chips and drizzle them over the top of the baked brownies.
How To Make Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Prepare: Preheat the oven according to the brownie mix box instructions. Then, line a 9X9 brownie pan with parchment paper. Or, grease it with cooking spray.
- Make the brownie mix: Prepare the brownie mix according to the box directions. Mix until smooth. Then, pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Melt the peanut butter: Add the peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat it for 20 seconds. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Swirl the peanut butter: Dollop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture over the brownie batter. Next, using a butter knife, swirl the peanut butter into the brownie mixture. You can also use a toothpick to do this!
- Bake: Transfer the pan to the oven, and bake for the time listed on the box.
- Cool: Remove the brownies from the oven, and let them cool in the pan for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer: Once the cooling time has passed, transfer the brownies to a wire rack to cool for about 30 more minutes.
- Serve: Cut and serve.
You can really add some sweetness by piling on some whipped cream before eating!
How to Store Baked Brownies
Once cooled, leftover brownies can be transferred to an airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to 3 to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The toothpick test is the best way to know. Once the baking time has passed, insert a clean toothpick into the center of the brownies. If the toothpick comes out clean or with just a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done baking and ready to take out of the oven.
Yes! To freeze, wrap individual brownies in aluminum foil, and transfer them to a sealable bag. They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 to 3 months. To serve, allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight, and enjoy.
You need to pay close attention to the baking time. If you overbake the brownies, they will be dry and crumbly.
While I’m obsessed with this brownie recipe like it is, you can easily add a little bit of cocoa powder, espresso powder, chopped nuts, or even chocolate chips! Mix and match different flavor variations to make your brownies unique each and every time!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 9×9 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper or cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl
- Wire Rack
- Knife for cutting brownies
- brownie mix choose your favorite brand
- ingredients listed on the brownie box
- ½ cup peanut butter creamy
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven according to the brownie mix box instructions.
- Line the 9X9 brownie pan with parchment paper. You can also grease it.
- Make the brownie mix according to the box directions. Mix until smooth.brownie mix, ingredients listed on the brownie box
- Add the brownie mix to the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Add the peanut butter to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it for 20 seconds. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is nice and smooth.½ cup peanut butter, ¼ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drop the peanut butter mixture onto the brownie batter by spoonfuls.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the peanut butter and brownie mixture. You can also use a toothpick to do this.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for the time listed on the box.
- Once the time has passed, remove the brownies from the oven and let the pan cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once the cooling time has passed, move the brownies to a wire rack to cool for about 30 more minutes.
- Cut and serve.
- These peanut butter swirl brownies are a delightful combination of rich, fudgy brownies and creamy peanut butter. The marbled effect not only adds visual appeal but also enhances the flavor with a subtle peanut butter twist.
- Make sure to cool the brownies completely before cutting to achieve clean, neat slices.
- Feel free to customize your brownie mix with add-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate for extra indulgence.
- Enjoy your homemade peanut butter swirl brownies with a glass of cold milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat!