This recipe for mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownies is kind of like what would happen if you crossed brownies with Reese’s peanut butter cups. Instead of a milk chocolate shell, imagine swapping in a brownie instead. Whoa! Pull out your favorite boxed mix brownies and make this delicious, peanut buttery, chocolate treat in no time!
Chocolate + Peanut Butter = The Best Kind of Dessert!
When you think of love, what do you think of? Hearts? Candy? Kisses? Or if you’re like me…CHOCOLATE!
I love, love, LOVE chocolate.
I love chocolate so much that my mom told me that as a baby I wouldn’t drink white milk so she added a little…you guessed it…Hershey’s Syrup to my bottle! haha! I have no idea why I have this
addiction, er…I mean, love of chocolate!
As a matter of fact, I told my husband today that I loved him MORE THAN chocolate. And, he took it as a compliment because he knows just how much I love the dark, creamy, sweet stuff.
And these Peanut Butter Cup Brownies rank right up there with my all-time favorite desserts!
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Recipe
So, when looking at my favorite inspiration site, Pinterest, when deciding what to make for dessert for dinner with friends last week, I knew that I had to make these yummy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies I’ve been eyeing lately.
And, I’ve got to tell ya…they were worth every. single. calorie.
The recipe I found called for you to make your own homemade brownie mix for these, but I used my favorite go-to boxed brownie mix instead.
Ingredients + Variations
Here’s what you’ll need to make these mini Peanut Butter Brownies:
- Boxed brownie mix – Use your favorite variety!
- Peanut butter – Again, use whatever you like best, whether it’s smooth and creamy, natural, or chunky.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – You could swap in mini chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips, too.
- Peanut butter morsels – Or double the amount of chocolate chips. It’s up to you!
Since this Peanut Butter Brownie recipe is one of my faves, I have a bunch of variations to share with you if you want to mix things up a bit. Try:
- Using chopped peanuts instead of or in addition to the peanut butter morsels
- Melting some chocolate chips, then drizzling the chocolate over the tops of the brownies once they’ve cooled
- Chopping some mini Reese’s peanut butter cups and using those as a topping instead of the chips
- Using mini Reese’s Pieces as a topping
- Dusting the brownies with powdered sugar
How to Make Mini Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Make the Brownies
Follow the instructions on the boxed brownie mix and make the brownie batter. Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, then bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean, with only a few crumbs sticking to it.
3. Add the Peanut Butter
Let the brownies cool for a few minutes, then press the back of a spoon into the centers to create an indentation. Warm the peanut butter in the microwave until it’s smooth, then spoon a small amount into each indentation.
4. Top the Brownies
Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips over the tops of the brownies, then allow them to cool completely.
How do you store Peanut Butter Brownies?
Store your brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last for about 3 days, although you’ll probably eat them way before that!
Should I make the recipe for fudgy brownies or cake brownies on the package?
If your boxed brownie mix has recipes for cake brownies and fudgy brownies on the back, go with the fudgy recipe. It’s better for holding the peanut butter!
I’ve found I get much more compliments on using a box mix than when I make the best homemade recipe I have.
These are soooooo worth it!
More Peanut Butter Recipes to Try
If you love this recipe for peanut butter brownies, try these peanut butter desserts next:
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- No-Bake Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
- 1 box of your favorite boxed brownie mix
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- peanut butter morsal chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare brownies as directed on box
- Bake as directed for about 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then use the back of a spoon to create an indentation in the center of the brownies.
- Melt peanut butter in the microwave for 30 secs and stir until smooth.
- Spoon a small amount into each indentation.
- Top with both chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Cool in pan and then remove to a wire rack to harden up.
- Keep in a sealed container unless you eat them right away...which you will!!
*Recipe adapted from here.