Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon is a quick & easy side dish that when prepared correctly are packed with flavor! In this side dish recipe, Brussel sprouts are sauteed on the stove top with bacon, garlic, butter and olive oil for a healthy dish you’ll make over and over!
One of my favorite vegetable side dishes is a green veggie that often gets a bad rap – Brussel Sprouts. These little bites of tender goodness are delicious, good for you and can a lot of flavor when prepared correctly.
Forget the days of your mom trying to get you to eat just one – you’re going to want to go back for seconds after you learn to prepare them the right way!
This Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon recipe is perfect with Cheesy Potato Casserole as the perfect side dish pairing!
The first time I tried Brussel sprouts they were bland and soggy. YUK! But, I knew they were “supposed” to take good and I persevered! Now, I LOVE them and order them whenever possible and make them at home at least once a week!
My favorite way to prepare Brussel sprouts is to roast them in the oven with olive oil and a little salt and garlic powder. But the way I’m sharing today is a really easy way to get great results to start!
How good are Brussel sprouts for you?
Well, it turns out pretty darn good! (mom was right!) Brussel sprouts contain vitamin B6, vitamin K, and vitamin C PLUS potassium, iron, thiamine, magnesium and phosphorus. So eat up!
How do you make Brussel sprouts with bacon and garlic?
I’m glad you asked! That’s exactly the way I’m going to teach you here today! It’s easy!
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add in garlic and stir around quickly.
- Add Brussel sprouts; toss to coat. Stir in broth, salt, and black pepper; cover and cook until Brussels sprouts are tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Drain liquid from pan.
Ingredients for Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Brussel Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken Broth
Do I need to wash Brussel sprouts?
Yes! Well, I do and you should too. 🙂 To clean them, trim the ends and rinse in a large bowl of cold water or under running water in a colander. Pat dry with a paper towel before preparing.
Do you cut off the bottom of Brussels sprouts?
Cut of the stem end. If the sprouts are small, leave them whole before cooking.
How do you know if Brussel sprouts are bad?
Look at the color of the Brussels sprouts. If you can see brown color on the edges of the leaves, then they have probably gone bad.
What do Brussel sprouts taste like?
Delicious! They’re nutty and savory, crunchy and soft. The key is knowing how to cook them.
I think you’ll really like this quick and easy way to prepare Brussel Sprouts!
Don’t forget to pair them with my favorite Crock Pot Ham Crock Pot Ham and Cheesy Potatoes! Together they make the perfect meal!
How to Make Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trim off the end and outer leaves
- 8 slices bacon cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned
- Heat butter and olive oil in the skillet over medium heat; cook and stir garlic until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts; toss to coat.
- Stir in broth, salt, and black pepper; cover and cook until Brussels sprouts are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Drain liquid from pan and enjoy!
Try these recipes next!