Corn Casserole! This savory side dish includes only 5 ingredients and bakes up delicious every time! A perfect compliment to any meal! Great as a simple dish for holidays, gatherings, or a hearty comfort recipe right at home.
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish with ingredients you already have one hand in your pantry and fridge, this easy Jiffy Corn Casserole Recipe is the answer!
Easy Corn Casserole Recipe
Whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, butter, and Jiffy Corn muffin mix makes this yummy jiffy corn casserole dish amazingly good…and EASY! I really love this five-ingredient corn casserole!
Paula Deen is the queen of southern meals and made this dish even more popular than I remember it being when I was growing up. A holiday meal wasn’t complete without a Paula Deen Corn Casserole on the table!
Some people like it super sweet but I like it with just the amount of sweetness from the Jiffy muffin mix. Jiffy Mix Corn Casserole – It’s perfect! Like my Corn Pasta, it’s the ultimate comfort food!
5-Ingredient Jiffy Corn Casserole Ingredients
- whole kernel corn – sweet corn kernels are my favorite
- cream-style corn
- sour cream – Greek yogurt could also be used
- butter – salted or unsalted butter will work just fine
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix – I love using this instead of flour! I always keep a box of Jiffy Corn muffin mix in my pantry.
How to Make 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole
Making this buttery, comforting casserole is simple and requires only two steps!
1. Prepare and Mix: Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. Bake: Add to an 8×8 greased baking dish and bake in a 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.
DONE! That’s it!
How to Store Corn Casserole
More than likely, you’ll have leftovers from this simple corn casserole dish. Just let it cool down all the way and then add it to an airtight container in the fridge. It will stay good for 1-2 days. Reheat and serve.
Want to change it up and get a little fancy? Try these mix-ins for a new casserole experience!
- Add 2 eggs for a creamy, richer flavor
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and top with 1/4 of cheese.
- Add two small cans of diced green chilis for a spicer version. Add in the cheese from above for an amazing dish, too!
- Suger – some people like a sweeter corn casserole. Add 1/4 to 1/2 sugar to your mixture.
Absolutely! This cream corn casserole-type recipe is perfect to be doubled for a big family gathering. Just add it to a 9×13 baking dish instead of the 8×8 pan. Just make sure you have a large bowl so that you can stir and pour easily.
Sure! Cover it tightly with foil and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to bake it, just add it to the oven at 350 degrees and bake until steaming how. Until you bake it, store it in the refrigerator!
Yes! You can easily freeze the completely cooled casserole in a freezer-safe pan or airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before reheating.
It’s like the combination of corn pudding meets stuffing -and that’s why it’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
More Amazing Side Dishes To Try Out
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Classic Turkey Gravy
- Cornbread Dressing
- Homemade Creamed Corn
- 8 ounces Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn drained
- 15 ounces creamed corn not drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together and pour into a greased 8″x8″ or “9×9” baking dish.
- Cook uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned.