What kid doesn’t love macaroni and cheese? What adult, for that matter, doesn’t love macaroni and cheese?! People LOVE Mac N’ Cheese – it’s a proven fact. That yummy, cheesy, warm side dish is increasingly becoming the main dish for a lot of meals. Add a veggie and a roll and you’re good to go! Perfect for pot-lucks and for making ahead – this Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese is sure to please even the most picky palette!
3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
2 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
1 cup whole milk
– Boil the macaroni in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
– In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
– Add the sour cream, soup, dry mustard, salt and pepper – stir until well combined.
– Add drained macaroni and milk and stir again.
– Place Mac N’ Cheese in the crock pot set on the warm setting, stirring occasionally until ready to serve.
*I always add a little milk to make it nice and creamy before serving.