This Crock Pot Ham with Maple & Brown Sugar Glaze is quick, easy, and will make for a show-stopping Easter Meal!
If you love the thought of using your slow cooker to cook ham, just wait until you try this simple ham recipe. The crockpot cooks up the ham perfectly so that it’s tender and moist. Perfect for an Easter dinner (make Hot Cross Buns too!) or a delicious Sunday family meal.
If you’re loving the idea of cooking up more ham, don’t forget to check out my Baked Ham with Maple Dijon Glaze recipe as well.
Slow Cooker Ham with Brown Sugar Glaze
I look forward to pulling out my Easter Dinner Recipes and putting together my Easter Dinner Menu every year. It’s one of my favorite holidays and one of my favorite meals to prepare!
The ham, the potatoes, the vegetables, the desserts…it’s all so good! Ham is always the star of the show so my mouth literally starts watering once I’m within a couple weeks of Easter.
We go to church on Easter Sunday, so I like to pick up a ham at the grocery store and put our ham in the crockpot before we leave so that it’s ready when we get home. This is probably one of the easiest ways to cook up ham for Easter.
You can easily make this for any holiday meal – and should! What I love about this slow cooker ham recipe is that it’s the easiest way to cook a large ham with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you need to make this Brown Sugar Glazed Ham –
- Boneless Smoked Ham – Choose your favorite type of ham. I love Boar’s Head but any type of smoked ham will work. You can use a small ham or a large ham or any kind of ham that you’d like.
- Maple Syrup – If you can find local syrup, it’s fun to have that as part of the recipe! This is what gives that delicious ham glaze!
- Brown Sugar – Mix well as this is why gives it the glaze.
- Honey Dijon Mustard – A little bit of sweet and salty is always good.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CROCKPOT HAM
STEP 1: PLACE IN SLOW COOKER
Take the ham out of the package and put it cut side down in the slow cooker.
STEP 2: MAKE THE GLAZE
Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, and dijon mustard to make the glaze. Pour over the top.
STEP 3: COOK
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
WHAT SIDE DISHES GO WELL WITH HAM?
While the ham is certain to be the star of the show, side dishes are always a good idea. Some of my favorite dishes to pair with ham are:
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cranberry Sauce
- Cheesy Mushroom and Onion Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts
And make certain that you don’t forget about dessert. These Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are amazing!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK HAM IN THE CROCKPOT?
For a ham that is already cooked and smoked, you’re going to want to cook it on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. (Just be certain to buy a ham that actually fits in your slow cooker!)
TIPS FOR USING LEFTOVER HAM
You can also freeze ham for later as well.
Leftover ham recipes always get rave reviews in my house. You can make another perfect recipe from this flavorful meal in simple and easy steps. There’s nothing like finding new ways to eat that tender ham over and over again.
Making the perfect Easter Meal doesn’t have to be hard and time-consuming with this Crock Pot Ham Recipe! Use this easy crock pot ham recipe for any holiday season and enjoy the simple cooking process. This easy recipe is a great way to cook the perfect slow cooker brown sugar ham for a large group with just a few minutes of prep time!
Everyone will love it and you’ll be the hero of the day! Simple, fast, and delicious!
IF YOU’RE CRAVING MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES, YOU’VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! HERE ARE SOME MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES I LOVE.
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Ranch Sandwich
- Crock Pot Ravioli Lasagna
- Crock Pot Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
Crock Pot Ham with Maple & Brown Sugar Glaze
- 3-5 pound Boneless Smoked Ham
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole grain honey dijon mustard
- Remove ham from package and place in slow cooker – cut side down.
- Mix together maple syrup, brown sugar and mustard in a bowl.
- Pour over entire ham.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Optional: Score the surface of your ham with shallow diamond-shape cuts. It adds a decorative edge and also ensures the outer coating of fat crisps to a rich golden brown when baked.
Pin this Crock Pot Ham for later!