This Easy Breakfast Casserole recipe comes together in no time for a weekend breakfast! Combine eggs with sausage, frozen hashbrown potatoes, and cheese for the ultimate easy breakfast or brunch casserole!
A Weekend Breakfast Casserole Favorite
Breakfast Casserole isn’t a stranger around All Things Mamma! Our Overnight Breakfast Casserole has been a favorite for years.
But, If you’re anything like me, sometimes you don’t know the day before what you want to eat the next morning. I mean, I am human…right?! haha! So, this Easy Breakfast Casserole gives you all the goodness faster! Really, the only difference is that you’re leaving off the crust from the overnight casserole AND you’re not chilling it the night before.
A delicious and hearty breakfast casserole that is the BEST ever and super simple to make!! have several breakfast casserole recipes here on All Things Mamma but this recipe is consistently #1. And not just the #1 casserole – the #1 recipe on the entire site! WOW!! Everyone loves this casserole because it’s
- Easy and cheap
- Hearty and full of delicious breakfast goodness!
This classic breakfast casserole always turns out. Promise. Packed full of hash browns, eggs, sausage, and cheese it explodes with flavor!
Your family will love this easy breakfast casserole for Christmas morning, a weekend brunch, or even a weekday treat! It is perfect for baking ahead of time or making it the morning of.
How to Make An Easy Breakfast Casserole – QUICKLY!
You just need to keep a few simple ingredients on hand to whip this baby up anytime you need a dose of comfort! It’s also the perfect breakfast to whip up on Sunday and enjoy during the week with just a little microwave action.
NOTE: Updated baking times.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
For the entire recipe ingredients, see the recipe card below.
- Sausage – I like spicy breakfast sausage for this recipe, but mild is good if you have littles in your house.
- Eggs – whisked together
- Shredded Cheese – I like cheddar but you can use your favorite
- Frozen Hashbrowns – you can use hashbrown potatoes or shredded.
- Milk – whole milk is best.
- Breakfast Meat: Ham, bacon, or turkey sausage would be perfect!
- Potatoes: tater tots or shredded hashbrowns would be fine to use.
- Cheese: Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Swiss cheese, or Monterey Jack are good substitutions for the casserole.
- Milk: Mix it up! Add half and half or heavy cream in place of 1 cup of milk.
- Veggies: mix in mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, broccoli or spinach.
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the Sausage: Crumble sausage into a skillet on the stove and brown completely. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the Eggs: In a large bowl, mix eggs and milk together and whisk well.
- Add seasonings: Add salt and pepper to the egg mixture and stir.
- Mix ingredients all together: To a 9×13 dish sprayed with cooking spray, add frozen hashbrowns, sausage, and cheese.
- Add to the baking dish: Pour the egg/milk mixture into the dish.
- Bake: Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – covered with foil.
- Rest: Remove the foil and bake for about 10-15 minutes more until the dish is bubbly and cheese is melted.
What to Serve with a Delicious Breakfast Casserole
Make this a complete meal is easy by adding a few breakfast favorites to your menu. This breakfast casserole is perfect alone but if you are looking for some side ideas, I’ve got you covered! Here are some ideas of what can go along with this breakfast casserole recipe during the holiday season.
- Fruit: Fruit Salad
- Bread: Biscuits
- Potatoes: tater tot casserole
- Meat: Bacon, sausage or ham
- Pancakes: fluffy pancakes or blueberry pancakes
- Waffles: homemade waffle recipe
- Muffins: blueberry muffins, Bisquick blueberry muffins
Breakfast Casserole Tips For Success
Make ahead: You can easily make this casserole the night before and bake in the morning. Just cover in the fridge and take out while your oven is preheating. You may need to increase the baking time by 10-15 minutes.
Baking Tip: This casserole is done when the edges are set and lightly brown and the center only jiggles slightly. Make sure there is no “watery” eggs in the center before removing from the oven.
Storage: Cover the entire casserole with foil or a lid to your baking dish and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat in the microwave.
Freeze: This casserole can be frozen. First bake your breakfast casserole and once it has completely cooled, place in an airtight container or ziplock bag. When ready to warm up, place in oven and bake at 350 degrees until warmed through about 20 to 25 minutes.
Look at all that cheesy goodness! Doesn’t it make you want to have a piece right now?! Well, what are you waiting for?
Now is a GREAT time to make up this Easy Breakfast Casserole to enjoy with a side of fruit!
Try these breakfast recipes next!
Easy Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound Sausage
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 package Frozen Hashbrowns 15oz
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese shredded – I like cheddar but you can use your favorite
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble sausage into a skillet on the stove and brown completely. Remove from heat.1 pound Sausage
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and milk together and whisk well.6 Eggs, 2 cups Milk
- Add salt and pepper to this mixture and stir.1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- To a 9×13 dish, add frozen hashbrowns, sausage, and cheese – stir together in the dish1/2 package Frozen Hashbrowns, 2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- Pour the egg/milk mixture into the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes – covered with foil. Remove the foil and bake for about 10-15 minutes more until the dish is bubbly and cheese is melted.