Breakfast Quesadillas! Flour tortillas are filled with fluffy scrambled eggs & melted cheese for an amazing quick & easy breakfast meal!
These easy breakfast quesadillas are a great way to start the day! Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is perfect for busy mornings! You’ll love learning how simple this delicious breakfast recipe is!
Quick and Easy Breakfast with Eggs
Breakfast Quesadillas are one of my favorite breakfast meals – ever. Yes, I said ever!
I had my first Breakfast Quesadilla when I was much younger while visiting my family in Mexico. Much to my surprise, they had a housekeeper and a chef (mind blown!) and she made homemade tortillas stuffed them with cheesy, fluffy scrambled eggs to make an amazing breakfast dish that I just loved!
Ever since then, I’ve made them in my own home and now they’re a family favorite! I don’t make my own tortillas from scratch (though that would be amazing!) but, the rest is pretty spot on to those delicious, golden brown, cheesy quesadillas I had as a child.
Here’s just how to make them!
Ingredients to make Breastfast Quesadillas
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese
How To Make Breakfast Quesadillas
Step One: Scramble the eggs
The first step in making breakfast quesadillas is to make your scrambled eggs. Depending on how many quesadillas you make will determine your eggs. Today we’re making 1 quesadilla. Just double up your eggs if needed for more.
Whisk together the eggs a medium bowl – I like to add a tablespoon or so of half and half or milk to my eggs. Try it!
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, undisturbed, until a thin layer of cooked egg appears around the edge of the skillet. Using a rubber spatula gently move the eggs around the skillet until they are nice and fluffy. They will still be glossy in color.
Once your eggs are done, remove them from the heat and get ready to add them to your flour tortillas.
Step Two: Warm up the tortillas
Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to a skillet over medium heat – swirling around the pan until melted.
Next, add 1 tortilla to the pan ( I use the burrito size) and top with a sprinkle of melted cheese. I use a colby jack or cheddar cheese blend. I like the flavor best with my eggs. (You can also make these using my method for Sheet Pan Quesadillas.)
Step Three: Add the eggs
Then, add your eggs to the tortilla evenly. Add another sprinkle of cheese (don’t be shy!) and top with another tortilla.
Cook the bottom tortilla until lightly brown. Do not overcook. I repeat – DO NOT OVERCOOK. You just want a light, crispy texture on the outside.
You should still have butter in your pan, if not – add another 1/2 tablespoon and FLIP over your entire quesadilla to get the other side browned.
Once it’s brown, remove the quesadilla to a cutting board and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes. Cut into triangles and serve with salsa if desired!
That’s it! This is a very simple, basic Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe. You could add in all kind of things to jazz it up! Here are a few of my favorite add-in ideas!
Quesadilla Add-In Options
- pico de gallo
- different cheeses
- Black beans
- Green onions
- Breakfast sausage
- Bell peppers
- Green chiles
- Green peppers
- Sausage links
You can also add a lot of yummy goodness right on top!
Toppings for Quesadillas
- green onion
- sour cream
- bacon bits
- grated cheese
- dollop of sour cream
- homemade guacamole
- extra layer of cheese
How do you store leftover breakfast tacos?
If you can only eat half of the tortilla, store the leftovers in an airtight container for later. Eat within 2 days for best results.
What sides go well with this easy breakfast idea?
You can make some breakfast potatoes or just enjoy some dipping sauce. Whatever is easiest for busy weekday mornings.
There you have it! One of the easiest and most versatile breakfast meals ever (and my favorite!!) Breakfast Quesadillas!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Sliders
- Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole With Bread
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese I like Colby jack or cheddar blends
- 1 tbsp butter You could use olive oil or cooking spray, too
- Whisk together eggs a medium bowl.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, undisturbed, until a thin layer of cooked egg appears around the edge of the skillet. Using a rubber spatula gently move the eggs around the skillet until they are nice and fluffy. They will still be glossy in color.
- Once your eggs are done, remove them from the heat and get ready to add them to your flour tortillas.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to a skillet over medium heat – swirling around the pan until melted.
- Next, add 1 tortilla to the pan ( I use the burrito size) and top with a sprinkle of melted cheese.
- Then, add your eggs to the tortilla evenly and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cook the bottom tortilla until lightly brown, then flipping over and browning the other side evenly. Add 1/2 tbsp of butter if needed.
- Once it’s brown, remove the quesadilla to a cutting board and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes. Cut into triangles and serve with salsa if desired!
Do you have a favorite breakfast meal? Share with me below!