This Easy Banana Bread Recipe has a super-moist, buttery texture, and incredibly soft crumb. The best part? It’s easy to make in only 1-bowl for one of the best ever banana bread recipes.
Most and Delicious Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread should be easy, moist, and delicious every time you make it. This classic bread recipe has few ingredients and they’re all mixed into one large bowl. You don’t even need a mixer for this recipe!
Made in either a loaf pan or as banana muffins, this basic and forgiving recipe takes only 10 minutes to whisk up and around an hour to bake. Don’t forget to stock up on real butter to slather on right out of the oven!
This simple one-bowl Banana Bread recipe really is the best banana bread recipe you can make. What makes it so easy? You can mix everything in one bowl!
Plus, you can even change up the amount of sugar or mashed bananas to your liking. You will want to keep the dry ingredients the same for baking up beautiful bread though.
My other secret to amazing flavor – Melted butter. YES! Whatever you do, don’t skimp out on the butter here. While you can use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or even margarine – it will not turn out with amazing flavor as it will with REAL butter.
(PS – If you like nuts in your banana bread, be sure to try my Banana Nut Bread recipe! Or, if you want individual-sized servings, make Banana Muffins! For an even easier banana bread, try my cake mix banana bread recipe.)
- Flour – I made this recipe with All-Purpose but you can experiment with others if you’d like. Let me know if you do!
- Baking Soda – to help the bread to rise
- Butter – real butter, melted.
- Brown Sugar – I like brown sugar in this recipe better than white. But in a pinch, you could use white sugar.
- Eggs – room temperature is best for baking
- Bananas – mashed, ripe and soft. (ripe banana are perfectly sweet!)
See the recipe card for quantities.
How To Make Homemade Banana Bread
3. Add dry ingredients
4. Pour into the loaf pan
How To Store:
Place your cooled loaf on a plate and cover it in plastic wrap or foil or store it in an airtight container. This can also be stored on your counter for up to four days.
Variations – Banana Bread Mix-Ins
Adding ingredients to this dessert bread recipe is a simple and easy process. Here are some of my favorite bread recipe variations to try.
- Nuts – walnuts & pecans are my favorites
- Dried fruit – raisins, cranberries, blueberries
- Sweets – chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips
- Spices – cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves, cardamon
How To Keep Banana Bread Moist
- Use overly ripe, speckled bananas for the best flavor and moistest bread
- Butter will give your bread the best flavor while keeping it moist
- Do not overmix your banana bread batter – mix until just combined
- Do not overbake. When just a few moist crumbs cling to a tester toothpick, remove the bread from the oven
How To Tell When Banana Bread Is Done
Start checking your bread about 10 minutes before time is up – ovens vary in how they cook and you don’t want to overcook your bread.
Using a cake tester or a wooden toothpick, insert right into the center of the loaf.
The tester will come out clean with a few crumbs that will stick to it when it’s done.
If the liquid batter is on the tester, continue baking for 2-3 minutes and test again until the tester comes out clean.
Can you freeze banana bread?
You can! Just make certain to store in the freezer in an airtight container or bag to keep the air out and keep the bread fresh.
Like banana bread? Try these recipes next!
- Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal Bars
- Banana Chocolate Granola Muffins
- The Best Easy Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 bananas mashed overripe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with either cooking spray or butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add the melted butter to the banana mixture and stir.
- Mix in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Next, mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing the banana bread to a wire rack to cool. Use a bread knife to slice the bread and serve.