A doctored up cake mix and a few other store-bought ingredients makes this Heath Bar Cake super easy to make and a complete hit every time!
Sometimes life calls for something sweet, gooey and chocolatey for no reason at all and this cake fits the bill! A doctored up cake mix and other store-bought ingredients makes this Heath Bar Cake super easy to make and a complete hit every time!
Heath Bar Cake
When I was younger, my mom used to make this for no specific reason at all but it was always a treat! Sometimes she’d make it when the weather was nice and we were going to grill out or just for dessert after dinner. Other times we’d take it to my Aunt’s house for a family dinner. It was loved by all and there were never any leftovers!
Every time I make this Heath Bar Cake, it takes me back. The mix of the sweet chocolate, rich caramel, and saltiness of Heath Bar is the perfect combination that makes you want to go back for seconds.
The next time you’re at the store, grab a boxed cake mix and a few other ingredients and whip up this cake in no time – just because. Your family will be begging you to make it again and again!
How to Make Heath Bar Cake
Heath Bar Cake
- 1 box devil's food cake
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz container cool whip
- 3-4 crushed up heath bars OR 1 bag of heath bar topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake cake mix according to package directions - adding in flour, sugar, vanilla and an egg
- Spread in a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake as directed until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While still hot, poke holes in the top of cake with a skewer or large fork.
- Pour caramel topping and sweetened condensed milk over hot cake.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Spread with whipped topping and sprinkle crushed Heath bars over entire cake
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check out these delicious recipes!
No Bake Oreo Dessert – #1 Recipe on All Things Mamma!33