This Easy Monkey Bread Recipe is simple AND delicious! Made using cinnamon rolls from the store, this recipe goes from oven to table in no time!
How could anything that is full of cinnamon, sugar and butter be bad?! There’s a good reason why everyone loves monkey bread—it’s got plenty of all three!
Weekends are made for trying new recipes and sitting around the table with the family—two things I love in life. I also love this easy monkey bread recipe because my kids are able to help out in the kitchen while I enjoy my morning coffee. My version is so simple to make, you’ll want to make it every weekend! It’s just as easy and delicious as my Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole!
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
Cut the cinnamon rolls into fourths and add to a large ziploc bag with the cinnamon and sugar to coat. Add to a 9-inch round cake pan or bundt pan, then top with a mixture of the butter and brown sugar and bake. That’s it! Simple to make and even easier to eat!
- Grands Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese frosting
- Brown sugar – Light brown or dark brown sugar will both work in this recipe. Brown sugar has a richer, more molasses-y flavor.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter for best results.
How to Make Easy Monkey Bread
Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a cake pan or fluted bundt pan.
2. Make the Cinnamon Sugar
Add sugar and cinnamon to a large Ziploc bag and shake to combine.
3. Prep the Dough
Separate the cinnamon roll dough, then cut each roll into quarters. Place the dough pieces in the bag with the cinnamon sugar, seal the bag, then shake it until the dough is coated.
Remove the dough and arrange it in the prepared pan, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
5. Make the Sticky Glaze
Stir together the brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and pour it over the cinnamon roll dough.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 28 to 32 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and no longer doughy in the center.
7. Finish and Serve
Let the monkey bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it upside down onto a serving plate. Place the icing in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave, then spoon it over the cake and serve warm.
How to Store and Reheat Monkey Bread
You can loosely cover the monkey bread with foil to keep the frosting from sticking and store it at room temperature for a day, or place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for up to 5 days. Warm it up in the microwave before eating!
Why is it called monkey bread?
It’s called monkey bread because you pick it apart with your fingers and eat it with your hands, a little bit like how a monkey eats!
How do you know when monkey bread is done?
When monkey bread is done, it’s puffy and has a slightly crispy top. You can try inserting a wooden skewer into the bread and seeing if it comes out clean if you’re still not sure.
Is monkey bread good the next day?
Like most breads and baked goods, monkey bread is best the day you make it, but it will be perfectly fine the next day too!
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- The Best Blueberry Pancakes
- Overnight Baked French Toast Casserole
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup butter melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a cake or fluted bundt pan.
- Add sugar and cinnamon to a large Ziploc bag.
- Separate dough and cut each into quarters.
- Shake in bag to coat.
- Remove from bag and arrange in pan.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over cinnamon roll pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
- Can top with icing from the Grands Cinnamon Rolls at this point if desired.