This Easy Homemade Waffles Recipe is light and crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside – they’re perfect every time!
One of our favorite meals to make on the weekend together as a family is Easy Homemade Waffles!
Each Sunday we love pulling out the waffle iron – the same one we received as a wedding gift years ago – and making these waffles fresh, covered in butter and real maple syrup, while a pan of bacon is sizzling on the stove in a skillet. They’re so good!
Easy Homemade Waffles Recipe
I grew up with my mom and dad using Bisquick to make homemade waffles. Bisquick has a wonderful flavor and always turns out amazing. But, recently I’ve been trying to steer away from processed foods for my family and have been making more convenient foods by scratch.
There are a lot of waffle recipes on the internet and in cookbooks that are easy to make, and use everyday ingredients you most likely already have on hand in your pantry- flour, butter, baking powder, eggs, sugar and vanilla – but, I’ve been experimenting and trying to come up with the perfect waffles recipe from scratch and I believe I’ve found it!
How To Make Homemade Waffles From Scratch
We have had a Cuisinart Waffle Maker similar to this (older model) for 15 years. It is AMAZING!!! Perfect waffles every time! I almost returned it when we received it as a wedding gift since I didn’t think we’d use it much. Little did I know we’d use it EVERY WEEK since!
CLICK BELOW TO SEE IT!
If you have leftover waffles, they’re perfect warmed up later in the week! You can freeze them in ziplock freezer bags and pull them out as needed throughout the week. You can warm them in the oven, microwave or even the toaster! It’s the perfect make-ahead waffle recipe!
- 2 cups all-purpose white OR whole wheat flour
- 1¾ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray or rub a little melted butter on.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a mixer until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Add the vanilla to the egg mixture.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture a little at a time.
- Add the butter and milk into the mixture- blending until just smooth.
- Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes before adding to the waffle iron.
- Pour onto hot iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve topped with pure maple syrup and butter or your favorite fruit and whipped cream.
If you want to have a little fun with the kids, order THIS Micky Mouse Waffle Maker! The kids will gobble them up!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to my favorite products to share with you!
Check out these other yummy breakfast recipes!