These Nutella Stuffed Pancakes are the best way to start the day, and they’re easier to make than you think! Light, fluffy, and loaded with hazelnut flavor!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
One of my favorite meals of the day is breakfast. Give me some bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and pancakes any day! And, I don’t just like breakfast food at breakfast time, I like it all day long even at dinner.
My kids even love it when I make breakfast at dinner, or brinner, as we call it. But with these Nutella Stuffed Pancakes, it’s like having dessert for breakfast, because they’re full of rich, chocolaty Nutella. Yes!
Easy Nutella Stuffed Pancakes Recipe
I first met this yummy combo at Disney World with their waffles. OH. MY. We all loved it! While I recreate the waffles from time to time, I like to whip up a batch of these Nutella Stuffed Pancakes on weeknights. (Who am I kidding?! I would make these every. single. day.)
While this might sound like a complicated breakfast, they’re super easy to make when you start with Bisquick. (Or use my homemade Bisquick mix!) Just put the batter on the griddle. Then, a dollop of Nutella in the middle, followed by another dollop of batter to cover it. So simple!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Original Bisquick mix or homemade Bisquick
- Sugar – Granulated sugar (white sugar)
- Baking powder – Make sure it’s fresh! Otherwise, your pancakes won’t become fluffy.
- Milk – Whole milk will yield the richest flavor, but reduced-fat or dairy-free milk can also be used.
- Large eggs
- Nutella – Or another chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Whipped cream – Use store-bought or homemade whipped cream.
- Fresh berries – Change up the type of berries! Strawberries, blueberries, or all other berries work great!
How to Make Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- Prepare: Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat, and spray it with cooking spray.
- Make the batter: Stir all the pancake ingredients except the Nutella in a medium bowl. Be careful not to over-mix! A few lumps are fine.
- Cook the pancakes: Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle. Then, add a 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella to the center. Cover the Nutella with a small dollop of batter, and cook until the edges are set and bubbles form on top of the pancake. Carefully flip. Then, continue to cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve: Top the Nutella Stuffed Pancakes with whipped cream, fruit, and extra Nutella.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
Transfer any leftover pancakes to an airtight container, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Or, store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheat the pancakes thawed or frozen in the toaster oven, microwave, on a skillet over medium heat, or in the oven at 325ºF.
There are different kinds of filled pancakes, from Scandinavian ebelskivers to these Nutella Stuffed Pancakes. Whatever you call them, they’re delicious!
Yes, try filling pancakes with almond butter, jam, chocolate ganache, or even cream cheese frosting for a decadent treat!
I always like pairing a sweet breakfast dish with something savory, like bacon, sausage, or hash browns. Scrambled eggs are great, too!
Nutella Stuffed Pancakes
- large skillet
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- unsalted butter
- whipped cream
- mixed fruit – berries are my favorite!
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all the pancake ingredients except the chocolate hazelnut spread until blended being careful to not overmix. Some lumps are just fine!2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 cup milk, 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, 2 large eggs
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut spread to the center of the batter and cover with a small amount of batter.Nutella
- Cook until the edge is dry and bubbles form on top of the pancake.
- Turn; cook until golden brown.
- Top with butter, whipped cream, fruit, and a drizzle of chocolate hazelnut spread.whipped cream, mixed fruit – berries are my favorite!, Nutella, unsalted butter