This no-bake chocolate cheesecake is rich, creamy, and full of chocolate flavor. It’s also SO much easier to make than traditional cheesecake!
If you’re looking for a decadent dessert to serve for a summer party, this no-bake chocolate cheesecake is it. While it’s definitely something you can make all year round, you’ll especially appreciate it in the summertime because it means you don’t have to turn on your oven! There’s just a few minutes of active time needed, so it’s super easy to make, too.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Fans of No-Bake Strawberry Jello Pie, No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, and No-Bake Banana Split Pie will love this no-bake cheesecake because it has that same fluffy, creamy texture of all your favorite no-bake desserts, with the tanginess of traditional homemade cheesecake. So good!
You’ll also love how easy it is to customize this recipe. You can make it with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate. And if you want to get really creative, you could even fold in some chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, or ribbons of caramel or raspberry sauce. For an easy topping, simply pile your no-bake chocolate cheesecake high with fresh summer berries—strawberries and raspberries would be especially good!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the Crust:
- Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter – Melt this in the microwave or on the stovetop in a small saucepan.
For the Filling:
- Bittersweet chocolate chips
- Cream cheese – Let this soften a bit so it’s easy to whip up into a creamy filling.
- Granulated sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – Don’t use hot cocoa mix! It’s not the same.
- Vanilla extract
- Cool Whip – It’s important to use whipped topping like Cool Whip, rather than homemade whipped cream made with heavy whipping cream. Whipped topping has stabilizers added that will keep your no-bake cheesecake from getting watery!
For the topping:
- Cool Whip
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
1. Make the Crust
Pulse the cookies in a food processor until a fine crumb forms, then stir in the melted butter. Press this into a pie plate, covering the bottom and the sides. Chill the pie crust while you make the filling.
2. Melt the Chocolate
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 40 second intervals, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
3. Make the Filling
Use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to beat the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until everything is well-combined and the filling mixture is smooth, scraping the bowl if needed. Pour in the melted chocolate and continue to mix until incorporated, then fold in the Cool Whip.
Pour the filling mixture into the Oreo cookie crust. Spread Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
5. Chill and Serve
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, preferably overnight. Cut into slices and serve.
How to Store No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
This chocolate cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to four days, but I recommend serving it within two days for the best texture and flavor. If you want to freeze this recipe, a no-bake chocolate cheesecake will keep in the freezer for up to two months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
There are a few reasons why your no-bake cheesecake might not be firm. First, make sure you’re using full-fat cream cheese and not low-fat or fat-free. This will help the cheesecake to set up properly. Next, be sure to chill the cheesecake in the fridge for at least four hours before serving so it has time to firm up. Finally, you might have to reset your expectations a bit—no-bake cheesecake doesn’t have the same texture as baked cheesecake!
The answer to this question is completely subjective! Some people prefer the texture of baked cheesecake, while others prefer the lighter, fluffier texture of no-bake cheesecake.
This no-bake chocolate cheesecake needs to stay in the fridge for at least four hours, but I recommend letting it chill overnight if you have the time.
Yes, this chocolate cheesecake can be frozen for up to two months. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
More Reader Favorite No-Bake Dessert Recipes
- Banana Split Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Paula Deen’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 1 package 14.3oz Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the Filling
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
For the topping
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the crust:
- Grind the cookies into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave for 30 to 45 seconds. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and stir until the crumbs are well coated.
- Pour the crumbs into your a pie plate and press firmly into the bottom and up on the sides to create a thick crust. Refrigerate while making the filling.
For the filling:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 40 second intervals until fully melted. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until combined and smooth, scraping the bowl when needed. Add the melted chocolate and continue to mix until incorporated. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with cool whip and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving, preferably overnight.