Banana Split Pie? Yes! Because the only thing better than a banana split from your favorite ice cream shop is an easy, no-bake Banana Split Pie from your very own kitchen. Obviously, this dessert is a hit at any summer party, but it’s great any time of year. Ready to dig in?
Easy No-Bake Dessert With Instant Pudding
When it comes to easy desserts, instant pudding reigns supreme—especially when it’s paired with frozen whipped topping. I’ve shared lots of pies made with pudding mix and Cool Whip, but I think this Banana Split Pie wins the prize for being the most unique. Instead of scoops of ice cream served over a sliced banana, we’re serving up all of your fave banana split toppings on a base of creamy banana pudding!
The best thing about the recipe—well, the second best thing, after how good it tastes—is that it is so flippin’ simple to make. You only need 10 minutes to put it all together, and that’s being generous. The hardest part is waiting an hour for it to chill so you can eat it!
Ingredients For No-Bake Banana Split Pie
See the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Pre-made graham cracker pie crust – You can mix things up here and use a traditional pie crust or a chocolate crust instead.
- Milk – Use whole milk for the creamiest, dreamiest filling.
- Instant banana pudding mix – If you’re not a big fan of banana pudding, vanilla will work just as well!
- Frozen whipped topping – Also a key ingredient in my Cool Whip Pie!
- Bananas – It is a Banana Split Pie, after all.
- Crushed pineapple – Like a real, old-fashioned banana split!
- Walnut pieces – Chopped roasted peanuts would do in a pinch, or make it nut-free if you prefer.
- Chocolate sauce – Get the good, fudge-y kind.
- Maraschino cherries – Although no banana split (or Banana Split Pie) is complete without a cherry on top, you can also swap them for strawberry slices.
How to Make No-Bake Banana Split Pie
1. Make the Filling: Combine the milk and instant pudding mix in a large bowl and beat for 2 minutes at low speed. Fold in a cup of the whipped topping.
2. Chill: Pour the pudding mixture into the prepared pie crust and pop the pie in the fridge. Let it chill until it’s set—it’ll take about an hour.
3. Add the Fruit: Take the pie out of the fridge and top it with the banana slices, then the crushed pineapple.
4. Top the Banana Split Pie: Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pineapple, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle with walnuts, then drizzle chocolate sauce over the top and finish with the maraschino cherries.
5. Chill Again: Return the pie to the fridge and let it chill for 1 to 3 hours.
6. Serve: Cut the pie into 8 slices and serve.
Yes, Banana Split Pie is perfect for making ahead of time. It will last up to a day in the fridge—any longer than that and the bananas will start to brown. You may want to add the syrup, nuts, and cherries right before serving to keep the nuts fresh and the syrup and cherries from bleeding into the whipped topping.
Yes, Banana Split Pie can be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator a day before serving. As with any frozen-and-thawed dessert, it’s not quite the same as serving it fresh, but the ingredients in this banana split dessert are all freezer-friendly.
More Easy No-Bake Desserts for Summer
- Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- No-Bake Cheesecake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No-Bake Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Banana Split Pie
- 1 premade graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups cold milk whole milk is best
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces instant banana pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 crushed pineapple drained
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- chocolate sauce
- maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Pour into crust and chill.
- Add sliced bananas and pineapples on top of the chilled pudding mixture – in order given.
- Top with remaining whipped topping
- Add walnuts, chocolate sauce, and maraschino cherries
- Chill for 1-3 hours before serving