Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a delicious, lighter, no-guilt version of your favorite game-day appetizer! It’s no secret that Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of the most popular dip recipes here at All Things Mamma. We ALL love it!
What started out as a joke for a family party, asking me to bring my “signature dish”, would later become my most popular recipe EVER on right here and now we’re adding a Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe that is sure to please!
Healthy Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
So, what do you do when you have an amazingly popular recipe on a food site? You make more! Buffalo Chicken Nachos, Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipes are all popular recipes that include everyone’s favorite Buffalo Chicken flavor!
Now, I’m lightening up things a bit with this Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe!
Still full of all the flavor of our original recipe, this Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is the lighter version of your favorite appetizer!
AND I bet you that nobody will be able to tell that you didn’t add the full-fat ingredients!
With the Super Bowl right around the corner, your favorite tailgating dish, Buffalo chicken dip, just got a healthy makeover! It’s a must-make for your Super Bowl Party!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Canned Chicken – I know! It sounds crazy but it’s good! You could substitute with whole chicken breasts shredded. I would guess that 2 chicken breasts would be perfect!
- Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese – I like the sharp shredded cheese kind!
- 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese – You’ll never be able to tell it’s low fat. Promise! I love using low fat cream cheese!
- Lite Ranch Salad Dressing – Yep. I said RANCH. I think cools down the hot sauce in this spicy appetizer dip. Blue Cheese Dressing could be substituted if you must.
- Frank’s Buffalo Hot Sauce – I like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce the best. I don’t recommend substituting. I have. It didn’t turn out as well.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – I don’t have this on my dip BUT it’s a hit for a lot of people. Try it out!
Variations & Substitutions
- Shredded chicken breast – If you have leftover chicken or want to cook up chicken in a baking dish and shred it, you totally can!
- Mozzarella cheese – I’m a fan of adding a bit more cheese on top sometimes!
How to make Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip:
It’s so easy to make this Buffalo Chicken Dip quickly!
Combine chicken and buffalo sauce in a pan on the stove or in a crockpot.
2. Mix in cream cheese
Mix cream cheese and ranch dressing right in the pan.
3. Add cheddar cheese
Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
As soon as everything is all melted together and hot – you’re good to go!
Note: This chicken wing dip uses canned chicken but you can also use leftover cooked shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Spicy and cool, creamy and delicious, this healthier buffalo chicken dip version is made with lighter ingredients that won’t leave you feeling guilty for that next plate (with veggies, of course!) on game day!
This crockpot buffalo chicken dip is still made with franks red hot, 1/3 less fat cream cheese, light ranch dressing, and cheese! It’s also still a great Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip! YAY!
How to store this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe
All you have to do is store this buffalo chicken mixture in an airtight container in the fridge. The whole thing can easily be stored in one container, making this buffalo dip easy to enjoy the next day.
What do you use to dip into this delicious dip?
You can use celery sticks, carrot sticks, tortilla chips, or anything else that you’d like! This is the perfect snack for football season or your next party.
What are some other healthy appetizers to make?
Make sure to have plenty of veggies on hand to enjoy with this amazing game day recipe!
If you need a few tips on making this amazing recipe, try this post next –> HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP GUIDE
For more Game Day Dip Recipes, try these reader favorites!
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- crock pot
- 2 10 ounce cans natural chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Sauce – Buffalo flavor
- 2 8 ounce packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese divided
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- If cooking in the oven, add to a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with cut up veggies- celery, carrots, green peppers, and cucumbers are our favorites!