This Sausage Cheese Dip is full of two kinds of cheese, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chilis and is sure to please any crowd!
Serve up my slightly-spicy sausage dip recipe at your next tailgate party. It’s one of those recipes you can just throw in the slow cooker and it’ll be ready at game time.
I just love football season! Family and friends all cheering for our team (Go Georgia Bulldogs!). The laughter and conversation are enhanced by all the tasty finger foods everyone brings!
Sausage Dip Recipe
My contribution to football parties is always the crowd-pleasing sausage dip that I make on the stove but keep warm in the crockpot.
Which is a relief, since I’d rather be talking to my husband and our friends while enjoying the game anyways!
Want to know how to make this recipe? I’m more than happy to share it with you. Now you can have the most popular recipe at the party too.
Insider tip: Bring lots more chips than you think you’ll need. You don’t want to run out of chips – this makes a lot of dip and feeds a crowd!
Ingredients for Sausage Cheese Dip
- Johnsonville Sausage
- cream cheese
- queso processed cheese
- black beans
- tomatoes with green chilis
Add both the cream cheese and queso cheese into the skillet and melt with the sausage.
Next, add in the corn, tomatoes/green chilis, and black beans. Cook until heated through.
Transfer to a slow cooker and place on warm.
Serve with your favorite corn or tortilla chips.
Johnsonville Tailgate Throwdown Contest
We are over here cheering for the Georgia Bulldogs during the SEC championship games. And I have exciting news! To celebrate these games, Johnsonville is sponsoring a pretty phenomenal giveaway.
SEC fans, Johnsonville wants you to share your original sausage tailgate recipe for a chance to win championship game tickets!
That’s one amazing grand prize, don’t’ you think? And the best news of all is that it will be awarded to TWO FINALISTS!
How to Win SEC Championship Game Tickets from Johnsonville
Here are all the details. It would be so exciting if someone I knew won these tickets with their recipe!
- To enter this contest, go to TailgateThrowdownContest.com.
- Contest ends November 5, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- To enter, share the name of your recipe, it’s ingredients, cooking instructions, and a photo of the finished dish.
- See official contest rules here.
There are two groups of winners – 1 ultimate fan favorite and 2 finalists.
- Ultimate Fan Favorite – determined by a public vote conducted on the Tailgate Throwdown Contest site between November 6-15. Winner will be awarded Johnsonville sausage for a year (via 12 coupons) and a Sizzling Sausage Grill.
- Two Finalists – These two will be chosen by a panel of Johnsonville members (employees). They will review contest entries based on quality, originality, adherence to tailgating theme and visual representation. Johnsonville will notify the two Finalists the week of Nov. 18, in time for them to prepare a trip to the SEC Championship weekend in Atlanta.
Both finalists will get to show off their tailgating recipe at the live Throwdown event with the Johnsonville Big Taste Grill the morning of the 2019 SEC Championship Game.
These two finalists will win:
- Two tickets to the 2019 SEC Championship Game
- A two-night double occupancy hotel room in market
- A$1,000 gift card for travel, expenses onsite and potential taxes associated with the prize
So, does your recipe have what it takes to win this amazing prize? Go enter today, and then let me know if you get to the voting stage, I’d love to vote for your recipe.
Spicy Sausage and Cheese Crock Pot Dip
- slow cooker
- 1 lb Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 package processed queso cheese product
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 2 cans Mexican style diced tomatoes and green chilis
- In a large skillet, brown the ground sausage -drain the grease and return to the skillet.
- Add both the cream cheese and queso cheese into the skillet and melt with the sausage.
- Next, add in the corn, tomatoes/green chilis, and black beans. Cook until heated through.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and place on warm.
- Serve with your favorite corn or tortilla chips.
If you like this recipe, try these next!