If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer recipe, this Buffalo Chicken Nachos recipe is it! This nacho recipe is the perfect appetizer for game day!
The #1 recipe here on All Things Mamma, Buffalo Chicken Dip, is now an even hotter appetizer recipe as Buffalo Chicken Nachos! That’s right – BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS for the win! If you like your nachos spicy, loaded, and full of flavor, this is going to be your NEW favorite appetizer recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos Recipe
The shredded cheese paired with the black olives is two of my favorite ingredients! You’re going to love the flavor of this spicy buffalo chicken recipe. There’s a reason that everyone always asks me to bring it to the parties!
(PS – If you love Buffalo chicken, then you also need to try my Easy Buffalo Chicken Sliders!)
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Nachos
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Diced Chicken – You can use canned chicken instead, too.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use Frank’s) – Any type of hot sauce will work!
- Ranch Dressing – This adds so much flavor!
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – If you can add some pepper jack cheese, it kicks up the heat!
- Olives, jalapenos, tomatoes – These are great toppings to add and make it the perfect game day snack!
Feel free to change up the type of buffalo sauce that you want to use! You can also add some blue cheese crumbles directly on top, too!
How To Make Spicy Chicken Nachos
- Mix the chicken: Mix chicken, wing sauce, and ranch dressing together in a skillet. Heat through.
- Layer the nachos: Layer nachos and then chicken mixture and cheese in a cast iron skillet, baking dish or sheet pan. ( I like to do two layers)
- Heat the nachos: Heat for 5 mins or until the cheese is all melty and bubbles in a 350-degree oven.
- Add toppings: Remove from oven and top with olives, jalapenos, and tomatoes if desired.
- Serve: Enjoy right from the pan or serve on small plates with sour cream, salsa, or as is!
You can also make these nachos in the microwave. Layer the nachos into a deep, microwave-safe plate and then heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. This will heat the chips, cheese, and sauce quickly, giving you a perfect snack without ever turning on the oven!
How To Store & Reheat Leftover Nachos
If you have any of the nachos left, just add them to a container and store them in the fridge. You can reheat them the next day to easily enjoy them. They’ll reheat in the oven low and slow or quickly in the microwave.
You can. Diced chicken or shredded will work just fine! The texture isn’t really as important as the flavor so add in whatever you’d prefer.
Adding the chips and toppings to a pizza pan or on a baking sheet is the best! You can then pop it into the oven and bake until it’s warm and ready. If you want all the chips covered, make sure to lay them in a single layer.
Black beans and guacamole are always a hit. Other than that, you can easily add on more cheese, onions, chives, cilantro, and anything else that you’d like!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Cast iron skillet
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- 1 can diced chicken drained
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce I use Frank’s
- 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Olives jalapenos, tomatoes – to taste
- Mix chicken, wing sauce and ranch dressing together in a skillet. Heat through.
- Layer nachos and then chicken mixture and cheese in a cast iron skillet, baking dish or sheet pan. ( I like to do two layers)
- Heat for 5 mins or until cheese is all melty and bubbles in a 350-degree oven.
- Remove from oven and top with olives, jalapenos, and tomatoes if desired.
- Enjoy right from the pan or serve on small plates with sour cream, salsa or as is!
The next time you want to make a kicking recipe that is easy, affordable and that everyone will love, choose this Buffalo Chicken Nachos Recipe! You won’t regret it!!