Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders are such an easy summer dinner! If you’re looking for a simple summer grilled chicken recipe, get ready to fall in love with this one!
These Chicken Tenders are made using a simple marinade that will have your taste buds dancing and craving more. And best of all? You’re never going to have to search for more summer grilled chicken recipes because this one is the best!
Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders
The best part about this simple chicken recipe is that it opens up the door for some amazing side dishes to go along with it.
When it comes to summer grilling, this is literally one of my favorite chicken marinade recipes to make. It’s because it’s really, really simple and that flavor of dijon mustard and sugar really pair perfectly together to create a stellar taste.
You can even make one of my amazing dipping sauces to really up the flavor for your tastebuds.
Last but not least, this grilled chicken tenders marinade takes minutes to make but really packs in a ton of flavor. And I really love how the leftovers taste the next day!
You can create this simple chicken marinade in no time at all. And after you place the chicken in and let it marinate for a few hours, it’s geared up and ready to grill!
Many people tend to just buy premade marinade at the store, but that’s not how I like to roll. I’d prefer a homemade marinade any day over anything store-bought!
How to Make Grilled Chicken Tenders
- white vinegar
- dijon mustard
- jarred pesto sauce or fresh pesto
- garlic, minced
- granulated sugar
- kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- chicken breast tenderloins
- In a large bowl, add the vinegar, dijon, pesto, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine, Add the chicken tenderloins, cover, and chill for at 2 hours, but not longer than 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and let come to room temp, about 20 minutes. Add the remaining marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil 1 minute and then take off the heat.
- Heat grill to high and prepare it for cooking. Lower the heat to medium, place the chicken directly on the grates, brush with the leftover marinade every 30 seconds or so. Turn occasionally until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
FAQ for Making Grilled Chicken Tenders
How long to grill chicken tenders?
The easiest way to know that your grilled chicken tenders are done is to have a meat thermometer and pull them off the grill once the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F.
How to Grill chicken tenders
Grilling the chicken tenders isn’t hard and you’ll find that it’s a simple and easy process. The biggest thing after following the steps on the recipe is to ensure that the internal temp is at least 165 degrees and that you’ve used up all the marinade on the chicken while they’re cooking on the grill!
Enjoy this delicious and simple summer grilled chicken recipe!
- ⅔ Cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons jarred pesto sauce or fresh pesto
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins
- In a large bowl, add the vinegar, dijon, pesto, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the chicken tenderloins, cover and chill for at least 2 hours, up to 6 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and let come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Add the remaining marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute, take off the heat.
- Heat the grill to high and prepare it for cooking. Lower the heat to medium, place the chicken directly on the grates, brush with the leftover marinate every 30 seconds or so. Turn occasionally until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side. They are ready when the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Make sure to use all the marinade up while the chicken is on the grill, this makes it extra flavorful!
Try these recipes next!
Pin this image for later!