Instant Pot Corn on the Cob might be the easiest way to steam corn on the cob, ever! Pressure cooker corn is my favorite way to make fast and simple best sweet corn.
All you literally need are two simple ingredients to cook up fresh corn on the cob in the Instant Pot. The best part about this Instant Pot Sweet Corn? It’s certain to be a hit!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Is there anything better than perfectly cooked corn on the cob? Now that I know how simple it is to cook up this Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe, I literally have no desire to make my corn any other way. This is a no-fail sweet summer corn recipe that is a crazy easy method to get the perfect easy side dish.
This is because cooking corn in the Instant Pot is as simple as literally filling the pot with water and letting the Instant Pot take over and do all the work!
I’ve always known that my Instant Pot was a true game-changer in the kitchen and this simple corn on the cob in the Instant Pot proves just that. The corn cooks perfectly every single time.
Don’t forget to get my favorite Instant Pot Tips!
All you literally need for cooking corn in a pressure cooker is about 2 minutes of your time. That’s it. 60 seconds to perfectly cooked corn? Count me in! Everyone has time for that short of cooking time, right?
This means that you no longer have to wait for that pot of water to boil which literally seems to take forever! Your Instant Pot just took over the show and changing the corn on the cob game.
And once the corn on the cob is done, that leaves it open for everyone to top with butter or other fun spices to enjoy! It’s such a fun way to cook up corn ears for show-stealing side dishes.
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
With just two simple ingredients, you’ll see why this is one of my favorite recipes.
- Corn on the Cob
- Water or stock
How to make fresh sweet corn the easy way
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot. Place ears of corn on top of the trivet making sure the lid will be able to close. You can add as many ears of corn as will fit.
- Pour in the water or stock.
- Pressure cooker on high for 2 minutes and quick release. Serve!
FAQ for making Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Can you overcook corn on the cob?
You can but it’s actually really hard to do in the Instant Pot. This is because you’re literally only steaming the corn for a few short minutes which won’t result in overcooking the corn.
How do you know when corn on the cob is cooked?
There are actually a few ways that you can tell that corn is done cooking. First, the coloring of the corn should be bright.
And secondly, you’ll know that the corn is done cooking because when you pull it out of the Instant Pot, it should turn dry pretty quickly and have the water runoff of it.
Corn on the Cob goes with so many easy dinner ideas! Here are some other simple recipes that are great for summer cooking and delicious meal ideas.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4-6 Corn on the Cob
- 1 Cup water or stock
- Place the trivet into the instant pot. Place ears of corn on top of the trivet making sure the lid will be able to close, you can add as many as will fit.
- Pour in water or stock. Tip: using stock* adds more flavor but it is optional. Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes, and quick release. Serve!
- Notes: You can use any flavor stock you prefer.
Try these recipes next!
- Corn, Avocado & Cilantro Salad
- Avocado Toast
- Easy 5-Ingredient Corn Casserole – Made with Jiffy
- 20 No-Fail Instant Pot Recipes Pin this for later!