Need to make a delicious dessert fast? These easy dump cake recipes are the perfect dessert for families, potlucks, or even a private Netflix binge (no judging here!)
This easy cake recipe with a funny name is a smart way to make a delicious cake fast, with tons of flavor combinations to choose from. Here are the top favorites:
7 Delicious & Easy Dump Cakes
All of these dump cake recipes are fast and easy to make and full of flavor. You’ll love being able to change up the fruit each time you make it!
1. Peach Dump Cake
Not sure what to make? This easy dessert recipe is popular all year round.
2. Apple Dump Cake
Apple dump cake is a perennial Thanksgiving and Christmas dessert favorite.
3. Pumpkin Dump Cake
Simplify Thanksgiving baking easier-to-make but a just-as-tasty substitute for pumpkin pie.
4. Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
This popular variation of the cherry dump cake recipe is a fruit lover’s favorite because it has both cherry pie filling plus pineapple as you can guess from the name.
5. Blueberry Dump Cake
A great summer treat to serve at a barbecue!
6. Strawberry Dump Cake
We have tons of yummy strawberry recipes at All Things Mamma but this is one of our favorites!
7. Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
We like it best topped with whip cream!
Basic Ingredients For Dump Cake Recipes
Add these simple ingredients to a baking dish, cook to a golden brown, let cool to room temperature, and BOOM – Best. Dessert. Ever.
- dry cake mix – usually a white cake mix or yellow cake mix, but chocolate dump cake is usually made with chocolate cake mix rather than with chocolate fillings or chips.
- fruit filling – using canned pie filling or canned fruit is the easiest
- stick of butter – melted butter works too!
(Learn more about how to make a dump cake.)
Different Variations For Dump Cake Recipes
- add more flavor notes with almond extract or brown sugar
- ready-made pie crust crumbled into the pan instead of a box of cake mix
- you can even experiment with your own favorite fruit mixtures!
Toppings For A Dump Cake
Add any of these toppings for a finishing touch for the perfect cake:
- a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- fresh fruit
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- nuts: pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts are best with dump cakes
Pro Tips – use cooking spray on the baking pan for no-stick serving.
Want to up your kitchen skills? Take a minute to check out these 10 kitchen hacks for baking like a pro.
The biggest thing that you’re going to want to pay attention to is the top of the dump cake. When the cake is done, the top will be golden-brown!
A dump cake is different than a cobbler because it uses a cake mix. A cobbler tends to be made from scratch.
Yes, once you’ve baked the dump cake, it does need to be stored in the fridge. This is the best way to keep the fruit as fresh as possible.