This Peach Dump Cake Recipe is a quick and easy dessert that only includes 3 ingredients – Canned peaches, yellow cake mix, and butter are all you need to make this delicious dessert a smashing hit!
Simply dump all the ingredients into a pan and bake until golden and delicious. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a delicious homemade dessert! This peach dump cake with cake mix is the best!
Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe
This quick and easy dessert is one of the easiest cake recipes out there. You literally dump all of the ingredients into a baking dish and bake and in 45 minutes you have a delicious family favorite recipe!
Dump Cakes are really the easiest kind of cake to make and you only need a few ingredients – canned fruit, dry cake mix, and butter – either sliced or melted butter. It’s so easy!
What Is A Dump Cake?
Dump Cake is a really simple dessert that is made with a box cake mix and a fruit filling. You literally dump all the ingredients into a 9×13 pan, bake and top with ice cream or whipped cream!
Ingredients for Peach Dump Cake
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Canned peaches – I like to use peach pie filling which is a little thicker and sweeter than regular canned peaches. If you use canned peaches, be sure to use the liquid in the can. You want that extra juice!
- Yellow Cake Mix – Any brand of yellow cake mix will work.
- Butter – Unsalted butter works best since there is already salt in the cake mix.
Here are a few recipe variations that work well.
- Try using a box of spice cake rather than yellow cake. The spices are delicious with peaches.
- I like to slice up the butter and put it right on top. You can also melt the butter and pour on top instead.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of sliced almonds over the cake before you add the butter. A nice almond crunch is delicious on this peach dump cake.
How To Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- Add the peaches: Add your canned peaches into the 9×13 baking dish WITH liquid. I like Peach Pie Filling but you could use canned peaches.
- Add the cake mix: Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over top of the peaches.
- Add the butter: Thinly slicing the butter, add to the top of the cake mix.
- Bake: Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
- Enjoy!: Serve warm and topped with vanilla ice cream. YUM!
I like to use pie filling for all of my dump cake recipes. Pie fillings are already full of flavor so you don’t have to worry about adding in sugar or spices to jazz it up. Be sure to pour in the ENTIRE can of pie filling. YES! The whole thing – juice and all! You need this to help moisten the cake and help it cook correctly. You can also read our Baking Dish and Casserole Conversion Guide if you don’t have a 9×13 pan!
How to Store Dump Cake
Place in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. The best way to reheat peach dump cake is to microwave smaller portions. If reheating an entire peach dump cake, put in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°F or until warm.
How to Make Dump Cake in the Crockpot
You can make this recipe in the crockpot, too! Just dump the peach pie filling in the bottom greased slow cooker. Next, melt the butter and mix it with your cake mix. Then, sprinkle the cake mixture over the peach filling and cook on high for 2 hours or love for 4 hours.
You can! If you have fresh peaches that you want to use, use them! This is especially delicious when it’s peach season and they’re ripe and juicy!
Yes, do to the added fruit, you do need to keep dump cakes in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them again.
They can! You can add your dump cake to the freezer and keep it stored for up to 3 months of time. Just be sure that it’s airtight so that it doesn’t get freezer-burnt.
Peach Dump Cake
- 2 cans Peach Pie Filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray to start.
- Add your canned peaches into a 9×13 baking dish WITH liquid. I like Peach Pie Filling but you could use canned peaches.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over top of the peaches.
- Thinly slicing the butter, add to the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve warm and topped with vanilla ice cream.
Make sure to PIN this recipe for later! You’ll be glad you did!