This Coconut Macaroon Recipe is turned into coconut macaroon cookie nests and are filled with dark chocolate and topped with Mini Cadbury Eggs for an adorable and tasty treat!
I love coconut. I always have. Ever since being a little girl, I loved all things coconut – the smell, the taste, drinks, desserts, foods. Everything.
Not everyone shares my enthusiasm for coconut, though. You either love it or hate it. I don’t think there’s an in-between.
So, if you’re a coconut lover, I have a TREAT for you today! If you’re NOT a coconut lover, just hit the little P on the photo below and share on Pinterest for all the other coconut lovers of the world and then move on to my Peanut Butter Cup Brownie recipe – everyone loves that one! 🙂
If you ARE a coconut lover, I have the easiest and the tastiest recipe for you today!
Coconut Macaroon Cookies
How adorable AND delicious do these little nests look?! Filled with melted dark chocolate and topped with the best Easter Candy – Cadbury Mini Eggs – these Coconut Macaroon Cookie Nests are to die for!
Now before you get started – you HAVE to pick up a few things to make this recipe a success! Don’t worry – it’s not hard at all!
Here are my favorite things I use to make these sweet treats!
>Good Quality Muffin Pan – if you try to use a cheaply made muffin pan, I PROMISE these Coconut Macaroon Nests will NOT turn out. Do yourself a favor and buy one!! This Wilton Small Muffin Pan one is my favorite!
>Small Muffin Scoop – I know you think you don’t need this – but you really do! This little handy, dandy Small Muffin Scoop is amazing! It perfectly scoops out the perfect amount for the mini muffin tins and does so with no mess! You can also use it for cookies!
>Non-Stick Spray – OH MY! This is THE BEST Non-Stick Spray. Nothing will stick when you use it! Use it on these muffins, cake pans, and more!!
How to Make Coconut Macaroon Cookies
Ok – now here’s how to make these little bites of heaven at home!
1.First, you’ll mix egg whites with sweetened coconut and press lightly into a small muffin pan with a small scoop. Don’t push down too hard. Just place your thumb in the middle to create a little nest-like shape.
2. Then, place in the oven and bake at 300 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the nests are lightly brown. Do not overbake or they’ll harden too much!
3. See – you want them just a little brown around the edges like the photo above. Allow nests to cool in the pan and remove to a plate or wire rack by loosening around the edges with a sharp knife first.
4.Finally, you’ll melt your dark chocolate and add a little bit to the bottom of your Coconut Macaroon Nests and top with a couple of Mini Cadbury Eggs. (don’t you just love them??!!)
5.Continue to do the same to all your nests and allow the chocolate to harden before you eat them. You can’t go wrong!!
Or if you’re like me and can’t wait – eat them when they’re all melty and warm AND when they’ve hardened.
Aren’t they the cutest?! People will think you spent hours in the kitchen making this bakery treat! But don’t worry – it will be our secret just how easy they really are!
Make sure to add your Coconut Macaroon Cookie Nests to a pretty little dessert plate to display on your Easter Dinner Menu and dare anyone to take one until AFTER the meal! I bet you end up missing a few! haha! They would also look cute beside these Pistachio Pudding Dessert Parfaits!
Here’s the easy recipe to print out to make in our own home. I know you’re gonna love them!!
Coconut Macaroon Nests
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 package 14 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 package dark chocolate chips
- 1 package Cadbury Eggs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Coat mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together whites and salt with a fork; mix in coconut.
- Using your medium scoop, place mixture into each prepared tin.
- Lightly press mixture into bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Bake until lightly golden on top - about 28 minutes
- Let cool in tins on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing to a plate to decorate
- Melt 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips and stir well.
- Add a teaspoon or so to the bottom of your nests and top with Cadbury eggs
For more amazing recipes —->