The Easiest Coconut Cream Pie Recipe is only minutes away! Creamy, rich instant coconut pudding is mixed with whipped topping and sweetened coconut flakes before being added to a premade-frozen pie crust that you only need to bake for 10 minutes! Top with more whipped topped and toasted coconut for a delectable old-fashioned pie in no time!
If you’re looking for the best coconut cream pie recipe, you’ve come to the right place! This easy, no-bake pie (if you don’t count the crust) comes together in minutes and is literally the easiest, creamy pie you can make!
Easy No-Bake Old-Fashioned Cream Pie
I know what you’re thinking…frozen pie crust? Instant Pudding? Yes, sir! This is actually one of the best pie recipes I’ve ever made. No kidding.
One bite of this sweet, creamy pie and you’ll be taken back to grandma’s kitchen table. I actually think it may be better than Shoney’s Coconut Cream Pie I had as a kid. (is that still around??!!)
If you need an easy, no-bake dessert for your Easter buffet, Summer picnics, or just Sunday dinner, try this Coconut Cream Pie. It’s guaranteed to impress!
- Frozen Pie Crust – I love Pillsbury frozen pie crust for a simple, no-fail option!
- Instant Coconut Pudding – trust me on this one. Skip the homemade pudding for this delicious instant one!
- Whipped Topping – added to the filling and to the top for creamy goodness!
- Sweetened Coconut – this pie recipe has toasted and non-toasted flakes for all the coconut goodness you can handle.
How To Make Coconut Cream Pie
Step 1: Bake The Pie Crust
Bake your pie crust according to the directions on the back of the pacakge. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Step 2. Prepare The Pie Filling
To a large bowl, add the instant pudding and milk. Mix well. Add 1 cup of whipped topping and 1 cup of coconut flakes. Stir to combine.
Step 3. Add To The Pie Crust
Add the pudding pie filling to the completely cooled pie crust. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Before serving, top with remaining whipped topping and toasted coconut.
Tips or Variations
- This recipe uses instant pudding but you could use cook and serve if you’d rather.
- Instead of a frozen pie crust, you a refrigerated crust or graham cracker crust works just as well.
- Whole milk is best for the recipe but 2% is the next best. I wouldn’t recommend skim as it gets watery.
Looking for more easy dessert recipes, here’s some of our favorites!
Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 cups cold milk whole milk is best
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces instant coconut pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut toasted
- Bake frozen pie crust as directed on the package and allow to cool on a rack while you prepare the pudding filling
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and 1 cup of coconut. Pour into crust and chill.
- To toast the coconut - add to a 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes until lightly brown.
- Before serving, top with remaining whipped topping and toasted coconut