Guaranteed to be moist and delicious, this homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is a winner!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
When I think of spring, I think of bunnies, daffodils, and carrot cake! Carrot cake is one of my favorite springtime desserts. It’s easy to make, healthy (hey…it has carrots in it!), and it’s topped with cream cheese frosting. What’s not to love?!
Homemade Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
Making Carrot Cake Cupcakes isn’t hard at all! Don’t be afraid of this homemade from scratch cupcake recipe. It’s super easy to make! Basically, you mix all the ingredients together and bake. You’re then left with moist and delicious cupcakes that are ready to be frosted!
(PS – If you love the flavors in this recipe, try my Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting too!)
Look at those beauties! Mmmmm! You could pretend they are Carrot Cake Muffins and leave off the frosting to make them seem healthier. BUT, I strongly suggest you just go for it and add the Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s so good!
Ingredients For Carrot Cake Cupcakes
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Eggs – Let the eggs sit on the counter and come to room temperature; this helps you get fluffier carrot cake cupcakes!
- Canola oil – Vegetable oil works too.
- All-purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Grated carrots – I recommend using your food processor to grate the carrots.
- Cream cheese frosting – Use my homemade cream cheese frosting, your own favorite recipe, or buy a can at the store.
How to Make Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Prepare the oven and pan: Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the Remaining Ingredients: In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and oil. Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir in the carrots.
- Bake the cupcakes: Fill the muffin tin cups two-thirds of the way full with the batter. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and decorate: Cool the cupcakes for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to wire racks to finish cooling. Frost with cream cheese frosting, then top with fondant carrots, walnuts, or cake crumbs from one of the carrot cupcakes.
How to Store Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Place your cupcakes in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. You can also freeze carrot cupcakes for up to 3 months; place them on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer, then once the frosting is frozen solid, transfer the cupcakes to a storage container and return them to the freezer. Let them thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Cream cheese frosting is the classic choice, but you can use a vanilla buttercream or even chocolate frosting for something different!
If you like your carrot cake with raisins, you can definitely add some to the batter in this recipe!
No, these don’t taste like carrots! The frosting and spices are the most prominent flavors in this carrot cake cupcake recipe.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat the eggs, sugar and oil in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet egg mixture.
- Stir in carrots and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing form pans to wire racks.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Top with adorable hand-made fondant carrots, walnuts or cake crumbs from one of the carrot cupcakes.