Thank you to Post for sponsoring this conversation – I love that I can share such amazing products with my readers!
One of my all-time favorite treats is coconut macaroons. I just LOVE coconut! I like it plain, in my cookies and cakes, in my Energy Bites and now, in these amazingly good Chocolate-Coconut Macaroons!
But, these Chocolate-Coconut Macaroons aren’t just ANY macaroon – they have a secret ingredient! That’s right…they have a secret ingredient that I’m going to share with you right now – cereal! YEP! Cereal! But not just ANY cereal – it’s the NEW Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate Cereal!
This secret ingredient gives these cookies a delicious flavor and crunch that everyone loves! You just have to try it!
Post Honey Bunches of Oats recently added a newest addition to its family – Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate! For those looking for a chocolate fix, Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate delivers the perfect combination of crispy flakes, crunchy bunches and the yumminess of real cocoa. Whether poured into a bowl with milk, eaten straight out of the box or used in a delicious recipe, this decadent treat is perfect for whenever a sweet craving strikes.
My family LOVES Honey Bunches of Oats and we always have a box in the pantry so we were super excited to try out this new cereal! I mean, how could it be bad? It has chocolate in it! I had to hold off the kids when it came in the mail because I was asked to create a recipe using the new Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate and I knew they’d eat it all up! I was right! This box didn’t last long once I let everyone dig in!
Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate is really good! It reminds me of a chocolatey cereal I had as a child – only better! The milk even turns chocolate and you just have to drink it up after the cereal is gone! It’s so good!
Did You Know?
Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate is:
Made with real cocoa
Uses Gluten free oats
Provides 9 essential vitamins and minerals
Post Promise – No High Fructose Corn Syrup
Heart Healthy* (0g trans fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol per serving)
That’s a winner in my book!
Try this amazing recipe – CHOCOLATE -COCONUT MACAROONS – using the NEW Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate Cereal! You’re gonna love it!
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until very frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.