This Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe is by far one of my favorite summer desserts ever! Made with fresh peaches, butter, and a cookie dough like topping, this will be your go-to cobbler recipe from now on!
It’s peach season! I just love those sweet, juicy, full of flavor fruits that take me back to my youth. I can remember that one time of year that the peaches were just perfect and I couldn’t get enough!
As I was growing up, my best friend, Sarah, lived right across the street from me and her mom always had the freshest fruit out on the counter for us to enjoy anytime we needed a quick snack. I can remember the bowl being filled with peaches at the end of the summer and we’d grab a few, head outside and dig in. The juice would cover our faces, hands, and arms as we’d eat away. So yummy and good!
Peach Cobbler Recipe
As I’ve gotten older, I still enjoy a fresh, ripe peach but I love them even more in an easy, homemade Peach Cobbler!
You may be a little intimidated to make your own peach cobbler at home but this recipe is NO FAIL. Promise! It’s quick, easy and I even put together a little video for you to watch just how easy it is!
How To Make A Peach Cobbler With Fresh Peaches
It’s easier than you’d think to make a Homemade Peach Cobbler with fresh peaches!
-First, peel and cut your peaches into wedges and add to the bottom of a 9×9 buttered baking dish or pie plate – add 1/2 cup of water right over the top.
– Next, mix your dry ingredients together (recipe below) in a medium-size bowl.
-Add 1 egg to the dry mixture and mix well until it resembles cookie dough. Be careful to not overmix.
-Drop the batter over the peaches by tablespoons.
-Melt 1 stick of butter and pour right over top of your dish.
-Bake until the top is lightly brown and the peach mixture is bubbly.
-Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
That’s it! Can you believe it’s THAT easy? Well, it is! I’ve made this recipe DOZENS of times and it always turns out perfect.
Psst…here’s a secret….you can make this recipe with apples, too! It’s TO DIE FOR!
How do you peel peaches quickly?
Place peaches in a large pot of boiling water for 10-20 seconds or until the skin splits.
Remove with a slotted spoon. Immediately place in an ice water bath to cool the peaches and stop the cooking process.
Use a paring knife to peel the skin, which should easily peel off.
Making this Cobbler from scratch is easy to do and promises to be one of your family’s favorites!
Watch How to Make Peach Cobbler:
Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 8-9 Fresh Peaches
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- 1 stick Butter - melted
- First, peel and cut your peaches into wedges and add to the bottom of a 9×9 buttered baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water right over the top.
- Next, mix your dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Add 1 egg to the dry mixture and mix well until it resembles cookie dough. Be careful to not overmix.
- Drop the batter over the peaches by tablespoons.
- Melt 1 stick of butter and pour right over top of your dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and the peach mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
If you’re looking for more easy dessert recipes, try these next!