These easy Peppermint Oreo Balls are a holiday tradition that combines the flavors of cheesecake, chocolate, and peppermint for an irresistible treat. You only need 4 ingredients and a few minutes to make them!
I think Peppermint Oreo Balls might just be the perfect one-bite treat for the holidays. Along with Cream Cheese Mints and Christmas Crack, they’re one of my favorite homemade candies to make for parties and Christmas gifts. They have that cookies-and-cream flavor of Oreo combined with cream cheese, along with a chocolate coating and crushed candy canes for a festive look and peppermint flavor. So good!
Easy Peppermint Oreo Balls Recipe
Anyone who loves cheesecake, peppermint bark, Oreos, or chocolate will love Peppermint Oreo Balls—there’s basically something to love for everyone here! The outside has a delightful crunch when you bite into it, and the inside is rich and creamy.
Because Peppermint Oreo Balls have to be refrigerated, you won’t be able to add them to a box of cookies for gifting, but you can place them in a festive cellophane bag and tie it with ribbon, adding a note to refrigerate. If you serve these at a party, no worries about keeping them in the fridge—they’ll be fine at room temperature for an hour or two, which is just long enough for everyone to fill up their dessert plates with holiday treats!
- Mint Chocolate Oreos – If you can’t find these, regular Oreos will work too. Here’s how to make Easy Oreo Truffles With Cream Cheese.
- Cream cheese – Let the cream cheese come to room temperature so it’s easy to mix.
- Vanilla and chocolate almond bark – You’ll find this in the baking section at the grocery store.
- Candy canes or sprinkles
How to Crush Candy Canes
You want the candy canes to be pretty finely crushed for this recipe, but not completely pulverized into dust. I put the candy canes in a zip-top bag, then give it a few whacks with a rolling pin to break them into pieces. Then, to break the larger pieces into smaller ones, I roll over the bag with the rolling pin.
How to Make Peppermint Oreo Balls
1. Crush the Oreos
Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until a coarse crumb is formed. (You can also crush them by hand in a plastic bag, as described above for the candy canes.)
2. Make the Filling
Combine the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese and stir until you have a uniform mixture.
3. Shape the Balls
Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to shape the Oreo mixture into one-inch balls. Place the finished balls on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and chill for an hour or two, or until the balls feel firm.
5. Coat With Chocolate
Dip each ball into the melted almond bark, then return the balls to the baking sheet. Roll the balls in the crushed candy cane, or sprinkle the candy cane over them (depending on the look you want). Drizzle the remaining almond bark over the tops.
6. Chill Again
Place the Peppermint Oreo Balls in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
How to Store Peppermint Oreo Balls
You can store Peppermint Oreo Balls in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 weeks in an airtight container or storage bag. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months and thawed in the refrigerator.
What are Peppermint Oreo Balls made of?
Everyone has their own version of this recipe, but I make mine with almond bark, Mint Oreos, cream cheese, and candy canes.
How many Oreos should you use for Peppermint Oreo Balls?
My recipe calls for one standard-sized package of Oreos, which is usually 36 cookies.
Do Peppermint Oreo Balls have to be refrigerated?
Yes, because this recipe is made with cream cheese, it needs to be refrigerated.
What is the easiest way to dip Peppermint Oreo Balls in chocolate?
You can use a toothpick (or two) to avoid touching the Oreo balls with your hands, or you can use two forks to drop the balls into the melted chocolate, then pick them up and let any excess drip off.
More No-Bake Desserts and Treats
- No-Bake Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
- How To Make THE BEST No-Bake Oreo Dessert EVER
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Peppermint Oreo Balls
- 1 package of mint chocolate Oreos
- 1 package of cream cheese softened
- vanilla + chocolate almond bark
- 3-4 crushed up candy canes or sprinkles if desired
- Crush Oreos with a food processor or by hand in a baggie.
- Mix Oreo crumbs and cream cheese together until well blended.
- Shape into 1″ balls with a cookie scoop and place on waxed cookie sheet.
- Chill 1-2 hours until firm.
- Dip in melted almond bark; return to waxed paper-covered baking sheet.
- Cover with sprinkles or drizzle with remaining almond bark.
- Chill 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.