These 4-ingredient Cream Cheese Mints are perfect for holidays, weddings, snacking, and truly a simple and easy treat. And the best part? They literally melt in your mouth with each and every bite.
Cream Cheese Butter Mints – Perfect For Weddings or Holiday Gatherings
There’s a reason that cream cheese mint recipes become really popular this time of year. Not only are they fun to make, but they’re an easy dessert that isn’t heavy or overly sweet. This means that when you’re filling your tummies full of food, you’ll have more than enough room to indulge in a handful or two of these cream cheese mints.
Some people think of this more as a candy recipe but I like to think of it as a fast and easy dessert. It could be because I’m obsessed with that minty taste and flavor, which is why I love this Chocolate Mint Truffles Recipe as well.
If you’re looking for even more fast and delicious desserts, make certain to check out our Easy Oreo Truffles With Cream Cheese, No-Bake Cheesecake, No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake Dessert and our Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
Gather up the list of ingredients below to get started. Make certain that you have your cream cheese mint mold as well!
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Mint extract
- Food coloring
How To Make Cream Cheese Mints
Step 1. Mix Ingredients
Step 2. Add oil
Step 3. Add food coloring
Step 4. Roll into balls
Step 5. Let dry
Tips + Variations
When it comes to this simple cream cheese mint recipe, there are a few tips to consider.
- Pick out different molds to make your mints look differently from one another.
- Be patient with the process because if you try to do this too quickly, the mints might come apart in the mold.
- Change up the coloring of the mints to make them Christmas or holiday-related as well.
Cream Cheese Mints FAQS
Do cream cheese mints need to be refrigerated?
They actually don’t but some people prefer them to be. I like to store them in the fridge until I’m ready to serve them so that they just have a nice, crisp, cool texture and flavor to them.
How long can you freeze cream cheese mints?
I love to freeze these mints! Since you can make a big batch pretty quickly, it just makes sense to pop them in the freezer for later. As long as you store them in a freezer-proof container or bag, they should last just fine in the freezer without issues for up to 12 months.
Do butter mints expire?
They can. You’ll have to pay close attention to the mints if you’re not planning on eating them all right away. In our house, we typically gobble them up so I never really have this problem.
But if you’re worried that they’re expired, visually expect and smell them to see if you notice anything strange. And if you’re really wondering, I always just use my own best judgment as well. Worst case scenario you have to toss them out and make them all over again.
What do cream cheese mints taste like?
The flavor is out of this world. They’re creamy, they melt in your mouth, and they’re just a nice and sweet flavor.
Where would these mints be good to serve?
They would be great for baby showers, Easter dinners, and the pastel colors make them perfect for baby shower mints, too!
Some people even use these for wedding mints, too. They can really be used for any special occasion that you want.
More Easy Desserts
Cream Cheese Mints
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 TB butter
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 drops peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. Cream together until well blended.
- Add in peppermint extract, one drop at a time.
- Separate into small bowls and add gel food coloring as desired and mix well.
- Roll into small balls, and place on parchment paper. Use a fork dipped in powdered sugar, to flatten each ball or place into molds.
- Let dry on wax paper for about 2 hours then freeze or refrigerate.