Old-Fashioned Saltine Cracker Toffee is easy to make with saltine crackers, butter and chocolate being the stars of this recipe!
This recipe, sometimes known as Christmas Crack, could not be any easier for a delicious Holiday Treat – just like Grandma used to make!
Saltine Cracker Toffee
This Christmas Candy Classic recipe is sometimes known as “Christmas Crack” but I can’t ever call it that! haha!
I’m sure there are a ton of ways to make this recipe, but this is the easiest and most old-fashioned version I could find.
I just know you’re going to love it, too! This Saltine Cracker Toffee makes the perfect item for gift-giving, too!
Add several pieces to small cellophane gift bags with a pretty ribbon or in a cookie box. It’s everyone’s favorite!
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet with foil and place a single layer of saltines on cookie sheet.
- Bring butter, sugar, and vanilla to a rolling boil for three minutes. Pour evenly over saltines. Gently spread to make even. Bake for 6 minutes or until bubbly.
- While toffee is still hot and bubbly, pour chocolate chips evenly on top of candy. When the chocolate chips begin to melt, gently spread chocolate over toffee. Sprinkle with sliced almonds or your favorite nut, if desired.
- Freeze for one hour. Break into pieces. Can be stored in the fridge or left on counter.
For more amazing Christmas Recipes, try these next!