Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars are irresistibly delicious and wonderfully simple to whip up with a yellow cake mix and chocolate chips!
The best thing – they use a box cake mix! No mixing and measuring a ton of ingredients here!
Your family will be requesting these chocolate chip cookie bars again and again!
EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE BARS
There’s nothing better than a dessert recipe that calls for cake mix! Truly, cake mix makes just about everything easy and delicious. If you’re also a fan of cake mix recipes, you HAVE to try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies after you try this one. Trust me on this one!
This bar dessert recipe is so perfect. Why? Because they combine the simple pleasures of a chocolate chip cookie with the BEST cake texture, all in one sweet square!
Like any good cake mix recipe, these chocolate chip bars come together in just a few hassle-free steps. If you need a quick and easy dessert recipe that everyone will love, this is the recipe to turn to!
When it comes to yellow cake mix recipes, these bars just can’t be beat.
Perfect to serve at potlucks and parties, because who doesn’t love chocolate chips desserts?! Kids especially can’t seem to keep their hands off of these. Pop one of these bars into your little one’s lunchbox for a sweet surprise treat!
WHAT MAKES THESE EASY BARS SO TASTY?
These yellow cake mix cookie bars are undeniably delicious but other than the cake mix, what makes them so good? Check it out – you’re going to love how simple and inexpensive these ingredients are.
- Yellow Cake Mix – any brand should do the trick.
- Eggs – large eggs work best.
- Butter – opt for real, unsalted butter.
- Vanilla Extract – just a splash adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
- Chocolate Chips – semi-sweet works best, because they’re right in the middle of dark and milk chocolate. They compliment the sweet cake mix batter perfectly.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
STEP 1. MIX
Stir together the yellow cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well combined.
STEP 2. CHOCOLATE CHIPS
This step is fun for kids to help with! Fold in the 2 cups of chocolate chips… Or as many as your heart desires.
STEP 3. BAKE
Add the chocolate chip cake mix batter to the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes.
STEP 4. COOL.
Remove the cake mix bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely before cutting.
Cut the sweet treats into squares and enjoy! Whether they’re totally room temp or still a little warm in the middle, you’re going to love biting into one of these chocolate chip bars.
ADD-INS FOR EASY CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
Here are some additions to this recipe that are so tasty! Toss one of these extras in and let me know how it goes.
- Peanut Butter Chips
- M&M Candies
- Espresso Powder
- Caramel Bits
- Diced Strawberries
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Chunks
In an airtight container at room temperature, these chocolate chip cake mix bars will stay fresh for up to 3 days. However, you can keep them fresh even longer by placing them in the same airtight container, but in the refrigerator!
In the fridge, they’ll stay fresh for 4-5 days.
If you want to freeze them, you’re in luck – this is a very freezer friendly recipe! Pop these in an airtight container and they’ll stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to serve them, just take them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
- Spray the pan! Even if you’re using a non-stick baking pan, it’s always smart to spray a little cooking spray on there, just in case. Consider it an insurance policy for your dessert! Butter flavored cooking spray also provides the bars with a nice buttery flavor.
- Check on it. In that final 20-25 minute window, keep an eye on what’s going on in the oven! All ovens are a little different, so once the edges are golden brown, it’s ready to go.
How do you know when cookie bars are done?
The toothpick test is the best way to test the doneness of these cookie bars. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the cookie dish. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cookie bars are done and need to be pulled.
Why are my cookie bars hard?
More than likely, you overmixed the dough. Make sure that you stir just enough so that it’s mixed but not too much.
Do you need to grease pan for cookie bars?
Greasing the pan is a great way to keep the cookie bars from sticking. You don’t want to miss out on any of this goodness sticking to the pan!
IF YOU LIKE THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS, YOU’LL LOVE THESE OTHERS SWEET BARS!
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- 7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pecan Pie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- 1 15.25 Ounce Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the yellow cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well combined.
- Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan evenly. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool completely before cutting.