Grape salad is the potluck dish you didn’t know you were missing! This recipe is full of juicy grapes, crunchy pecans, plus loads of tangy flavor from sour cream. It’ll be a hit at your next gathering!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
This creamy grape salad is one of my favorites for summer, along with Watermelon and Feta Salad and Tomato Salad. I love to bring it to summer BBQs or potluck picnics—it’s always an interesting addition to the table.
Creamy Grape Salad Recipe
Grape salad is a mash-up of a fruit salad, dessert salad, and savory salad, with lots of flavor from sour cream and tangy cream cheese. It’s fresh and juicy thanks to the grapes, and toasted pecans add a delicious crunch! I love this alongside grilled burgers, chicken, or even a medley of vegetables.
You can also add this salad to sandwiches or add shredded chicken for a new take on a classic chicken salad. Or serve it on crackers or slices of crostini for a quick appetizer. It also comes together with just a few minutes of active time so you’ll be able to make it ahead for whenever you want to serve it!
Ingredients for Grape Salad
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- White grapes – Use white seedless grapes so you don’t have to deal with any seeds.
- Red grapes – Also use seedless grapes here!
- Cream cheese – Don’t use the kind that comes in a tub; you need a block!
- Sour cream – Use full-fat sour cream for the creamiest salad.
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract – Pure vanilla extract will give you the best flavor.
I love this salad as written but here are a few variations to try:
- Use different nuts. Instead of the pecans, try toasted, chopped walnuts.
- Add just one color of grape. Use just seedless green grapes or seedless red grapes in this recipe rather than a combination.
- Make it sweeter. If you want a sweeter salad, you can add additional brown or white sugar to the mixture.
- Swap Greek yogurt for sour cream. If you don’t have sour cream or wish to lighten things up a little, you can substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
- Mix in some chopped apples. For an even more crunchy texture, stir in some chopped apples of your choice along with the grapes.
How to Make Grape Salad
- Wash the grapes: Wash and stem the grapes, then set aside.
- Combine the ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add the grapes and chopped pecans, then stir together gently. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Bringing the cream cheese to room temperature will help it better incorporate into the salad without any lumpiness.
How to Store Grape Salad
Store grape salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve cold.
Here are some ways to serve this salad!
- On the potluck table – Grape salad is great to bring to potlucks, because you can make it in advance and it’s interesting and delicious! It tastes great next to a burger.
- In a sandwich – Add a spoonful or two of grape salad to your favorite chicken or ham sandwich for extra flavor and creaminess.
- Tucked into a wrap – Make a wrap with slices of grilled chicken and grape salad for a wonderful lunch option.
Grape salad is a creamy salad made of red and green grapes combined with with brown sugar, pecans or walnuts, cream cheese, and sour cream.
Fresh grapes are high in Vitamin C & K which may help reduce cholesterol. They are also high in antioxidants that can help prevent heart disease and some cancers.
- 1 pound white seedless grapes
- 1 pound red seedless grapes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Wash and stem the grapes, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Add the grapes and chopped pecans, then stir together gently. Transfer to a serving bowl and let chill at least 30 minutes before serving.