These Christmas M&M Cookies are easy to make and always turn out perfect! Chewy centers, crispy edges – they’re everything you want in a cookie and more! I bet you can’t eat just one!
What is it about the holidays that makes us want to bake all the things?! I don’t know about you, but once Halloween is over, I’m searching Pinterest and my own blog for my next baking adventure – cookies, cakes, brownies, and more!
Christmas M&M Cookies
There are just so many cookies and cakes to try! But, for today, I’m sharing a super simple Christmas Chocolate Candy Cookie Recipe. I’d like to tell you that I made this for the kids, but truth be told, I’m a HUGE fan of these cookies!
There’s just something about them that takes me back to my childhood and brings me warm fuzzies. I like to add chocolate chips, too. I mean, how could MORE chocolate be bad? No way!
These are the best holiday cookies because they’re fast and festive. The flavor is delicious, too! You might want to plan on making a double batch!
(PS – If you love making cookies with candy, then you need to try my Hot Chocolate Blossom Cookies too!)
What ingredients do you need to make cookies from scratch?
Almost all cookies have the same base ingredients to make from scratch. Make sure to always have these things on hand:
Ingredients Needed To Make M&M Cookies
- butter – Use unsalted butter for baking.
- flour – All purpose flour is the best!
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- teaspoon baking soda – This is what gives the cookies that fluffy texture.
How To Make Cookies with M&Ms
- Preheat the oven – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry mixture – Combine the flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl.
- Mix in the other ingredients – Beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs – Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in the flour mixture – Slowly beat in the flour mixture.
- Add the M&M’s – Stir in the M&M’s and the chocolate chips.
- Put on baking sheets – Add by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake – Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Cool down – Cool on a baking sheet for 2 minutes then move to wire racks.
Homemade M&M Christmas Cookie FAQS
Yes! Just form dough balls as normal and place them onto a baking sheet close together but not touching. Freeze and transfer to freezer bags. Then you can just pull them out when you’re ready and bake as normal!
To maximize the shelf life of cookies, it’s best to place the cookies in a loosely covered container.
Properly stored, freshly baked cookies will last for about 2 to 3 weeks at normal room temperature.
For an amazing Christmas Cookie recipe, try these Christmas Pinwheel Cookies or Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! You’re going to love them!! I have a bunch of Christmas Cookies here on All Things Mamma that is big hits! So, after you finish up here, head to check them out!
More Delicious Christmas Cookies
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Holiday M&M’s
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in M&M’s and chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Pin this recipe for later!
Need to alter a recipe for other measurements? Try this free printable that shows you How Many Cups in a Quart, Pint or Gallon and other valuable ways to translate while you cook.