One of my favorite cookies to make at Christmastime is Hershey Kiss Cookies. You know, the yummy peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss in the center? They are sooo good! I don’t know why, but I only make them at this time of the year. But why stop at just Hershey Kisses on top? Why not add other candy toppings on top of these delicious cookies? So, I created these Peanut Butter Cookies 3 ways!
Yes, the same cookie recipe that I usually double with Hershey Kisses, Reese’s Cups (or bells) and Jam. Something for everyone! They are so good and usually the first to go off our cookie tray!
Check out my easy recipe to make your own at home!
- * 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- * 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- * 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- * 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- * 1 large egg
- * 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- * 1/2 cup Strawberry jam or Hershey Kisses or Reece’s Cups or
- ALL OF THE ABOVE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat peanut butter and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Scoop level tablespoons of dough, and form into balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies are puffy, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and either add candies or make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon. Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- If using jam, heat in a small saucepan, stirring about 30 seconds. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each indentation. Cookies can be stored for up to 1 week.