One of everyone’s favorite things to do during the holidays is to make Christmas cookies! From Kiss Cookies to Gobstoppers, there’s bound to be a Christmas cookie everyone has to have. One of my favorites is Classic Spritz Cookies!
Classic Spritz Cookies are the perfect Christmas Cookie that is easy to make and very versatile. Make them plain, with sprinkles, covered in icing or dipped in chocolate. They’re good any way you make them. Classic Spritz Cookies are an easy way to add variety to a tray of cookies. A cookie press lets you change disks to produce many different shapes. They are so delicious and Classic Spritz Cookies are the definition of Christmas Cookies in my book.
This year I made a batch using a sugar substitute and they turned out great! SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener enables people to experience the joy of sugar without all of the calories so you can continue to enjoy foods you love and feel good about the choices you’re making.
SPLENDA® Sweetener Products can be used almost anywhere sugar is used, including cooking and baking. Swapping one cup of sugar with one cup of SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, can save more than 600 calories. By replacing three tablespoons of sugar per day with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, you can save almost 130 calories per day – which especially a good thing this time of year when we’re spending a lot of time baking up holiday treats!
Making Spritz Cookies with SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetner is a great way to cut down on caloires without sacrificing taste. Try it! I bet you can’t tell the difference!
My sweet girl and I made this year’s Spritz Cookies and topped them with sprinkles and icing. They were delicious and easy to make! Make sure to add Classic Spritz Cookies to your baking list this year using this simple to make recipe – it’s not Christmas without them!
Classic Spritz Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 sticks of butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar or SPLENDA no calorie sweetener
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In bowl, combine flour and baking powder - set aside
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until combined.
- Do not chill.
- Fill cookie press with dough and with desired disks, press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet - holding the press flat and firmly on the UNGREASED cookie sheet is key.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet on cooling rack.
- TO DECORATE - serve plain or add sprinkles to cookies BEFORE you bake. You can also make a glaze of 1 cup powdered sugar, 2-4 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon or vanilla extract. Dip cookie in glaze and allow to set on a cookie rack.
Classic Spritz Cookies