Crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies are a recipe that you’re going to want to keep in your back pocket. Crispy, chewy, chocolatey, and truly irresistible. There is really nothing not to like!
These crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies are the best sweet treat. Seriously, you don’t even need a special occasion to whip up a batch. Make some for an after-school treat, keep a batch out for an after-dinner sweet, or serve some up at the family barbeque. Not to mention they are also super easy to make!
MOUTHWATERING CRISPY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Is there anything not to like about a chocolate chip cookie? It really might be the perfect dessert — especially when it comes to this recipe. These cookies are the best of both worlds. They are nice and crisp on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle.
These chewy crispy chocolate chip cookies also have a great chocolate ratio. They are not overpowered with chocolate but have chocolate chips in each and every bite. The recipe calls for semisweet chocolate chips, which give the cookies a tasty balance of sweetness and holds up well against the sweet cookie dough.
And it doesn’t stop there! The recipe is super simple and made with basic pantry staples, meaning you probably have everything you need to whip up a batch of these cookies.
Not a fan of chocolate chip cookies? Try our homemade frosted sugar cookies. They are super tasty and just as addicting!
INGREDIENTS FOR CRISPY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda – Make sure it is not expired so the cookies will rise.
- Unsalted butter – Melt the butter for the recipe.
- Brown sugar – Helps the cookies stay chewy.
- White sugar – Makes the cookies crisp.
- Vanilla extract
- Egg and egg yolk
- Chocolate chips – Go with semisweet chocolate chips for a balanced flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with grease or parchment. Set aside.
2. DRY INGREDIENTS
In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. WET INGREDIENTS
Cream the melted butter and the sugars together until it is very creamy. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk, and continue to mix until light and creamy. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
4. FORM COOKIES AND BAKE
Form the cookie dough into balls about 1 teaspoon in size, or use a cookie scoop to form the dough. Drop them on the cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. It may look gooey in the middle, but that’s cool. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wired rack.
The secret to getting the perfect textured cookie is all in the ingredients. Brown sugar keeps the cookies soft and moist, while white sugar makes them crisp up. The melted butter also adds to the chewy factor. Plus, the cooking time can impact the outcome. Cook the cookies longer for a crispy cookie and shorter for a chewy cookie.
Yes! Any kind of chocolate chip can be used in this recipe. Dark chocolate would make the cookies have a more savory flavor, while white chocolate would up the sweetness level.
These cookies freeze incredibly well. Make the cookies as you would and let the cookies cool completely. When they are cool, place them in an airtight container or plastic bag and place them in the freezer. They should last about 2-3 months in the freezer.
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP RECIPES
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with grease or parchment Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and smooth. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Slowly add in the sifted ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Form cookie dough into balls roughly 1 teaspoon in size or use a cookie dough scoop. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.