These 7-layer Magic Cookie Bars are made with seven delicious layers – crushed graham cracker crumbs, butter, sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans. This 7-layer cookie recipe is a classic that everyone loves any time of year!
7 Layer Cookie Recipe
You will love this classic cookie recipe that is sure to take you back to your childhood. It also perfect during the Christmas season since it’s perfect for shipping and gift-giving!
If you’re ready for a cookie recipe that is certain to hit all the sweet notes in your mouth, give this simple 7 layer Magic Cookie Bar recipe a try.
Here’s all you need to make these simple cookie bars!
- Layer 1: graham cracker crumbs
- Layer 2: melted butter
- Layer 3: Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Layer 4: butterscotch chips
- Layer 5: semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Layer 6: flaked coconut
- Layer 7: chopped nuts
How to make 7 Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Step 1: Start by heating the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13X9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter and mix well. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Pour the sweetened milk evenly over the crumb mixture. Continue to layer evenly with remaining ingredients (in the order given) and press down firmly with a fork.
Step 3: Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from the sides of the pan while still warm and cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Tip: For perfectly cut cookie bars, line the entire pan with foil and extend the foil over the edge of the pan. Coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up by the edges of the foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars at that point in time.
Tips + Variations
The great thing about this recipe is that you can alter it a bit to have it be just as you want.
- If you don’t care for coconut, you can omit that ingredient from this recipe.
- You can also remove the nuts or change out the nut to one that you want as well.
- These would go perfectly with a nice dollop of whipped cream or even a scoop of ice cream also.
Can this 7 layer cookie be made without nuts?
Sure! Just take out the nuts if you don’t want them or switch out the type of nut that you want to use. Walnuts are great with this recipe due to how soft the nut is.
More Delicious Desserts
7 Layer Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup 6 oz. butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 cup 6 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts I like pecans
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients in order given. Press down firmly with a fork
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack.
- For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, remove from the pan and cut with a sharp knife.